New P.E.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingOfZhoops PE+

Reaction score
Passed on my first try. Mechanical - Thermal/Fluid Systems. I used the Dr. Tom course as my only means of study. Best of luck to everyone! I was following all the trolling and F5 hype today! What an anxious wait it was! 

Passed on my first try. Mechanical - Thermal/Fluid Systems. I used the Dr. Tom course as my only means of study. Best of luck to everyone! I was following all the trolling and F5 hype today! What an anxious wait it was! 
Passed 1st try as well using test masters. Did you think the PM was hard? I felt a good kick in the balls when I left that exam.

At lunch I felt very good. Confident I made at least an 80% on the AM session. After the PM session, I was pretty confident I failed. All I could focus on was all the problems I wasn't able to get an answer on ha. I was extremely relieved to see that I passed. So yea you could say my balls were pretty well kicked.

I took the HVAC + Refrigeration exam.  How many questions total were you confident in?  

At lunch I felt very good. Confident I made at least an 80% on the AM session. After the PM session, I was pretty confident I failed. All I could focus on was all the problems I wasn't able to get an answer on ha. I was extremely relieved to see that I passed. So yea you could say my balls were pretty well kicked.
I'm in the same boat, felt the same way. I'm in Texas, so I hope to get a score shortly and see how well they were actually kicked.

I took the same course and depth as you and felt exactly the same during the exam. So glad to learn that I passed.

Passed 1st try as well using test masters. Did you think the PM was hard? I felt a good kick in the balls when I left that exam.
Morning session was great. I agree, the PM [Mech TFS] session was tough as nails. I left the exam not feeling confident at all.

I ended up with 95% [before you ask... Texas releases exam grades]. I guess one of three things happened;

1) I used good judgement on exam questions

2) Quite a few afternoon questions were removed from the scoring process

3) A mixture of points 1 & 2

Morning session was great. I agree, the PM [Mech TFS] session was tough as nails. I left the exam not feeling confident at all.

I ended up with 95% [before you ask... Texas releases exam grades]. I guess one of three things happened;

1) I used good judgement on exam questions

2) Quite a few afternoon questions were removed from the scoring process

3) A mixture of points 1 & 2
I wish we got grades back. I felt like I did pretty well but I wish I knew exactly what it was. 

Got word yesterday Pass! Not expecting that since I just did a practice test and probably studied less than 40 hours. 

Passed first time in New Hampshire. When everyone started reporting the states coming out I was up until midnight in France until New Hampshire released - couldn't sleep until 3am because I was so happy with the passing score! PE has always been a personal goal for me from when I decided I wanted to become an engineer and it would have been disappointing to say the least had I not passed.

I was not able to take a review course for reasons I've outlined elsewhere and put 4 hours of studying on a plane ride over to take the exam and passed. I researched which references to use (engineering unit conversions and one other discipline specific book were the two I used), checked how the sections were organized, and then ran through the practice test with the solutions to see the problem solving process used and remember conversions that I've forgotten about as well.

I was worried because a substantial part of the exam (around half) was not something dealt with in great depth in my major, I've specialized since becoming an engineer, and the whole wait had me second guessing myself (also lurking on here!). When I passed I was hugely relieved because otherwise I would have had to wait until next October to take it again, if I could even get time off to take it (it was very difficult for me to be able to take it this time around).

Congrats to everyone! It's a great sense of accomplishment to have passed it and I'm sure it's a similar feeling to everyone else here who passed it this time and in the past. Its a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

Wonderful feeling, couldn't be more proud of myself. Passed first time and blessed to have done so.

Back