California State Specific

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abell8418

Reaction score
I passed the National Civil exam and state specific surveying exam in April.  I'm just waiting on the seismic results this time around (although i'm not that confident in it).  Would California wait to update their licensing database until all the results come out for everyone (including national results) this time around, or would they updated the licensing if all they need is a california state specific exam.

I passed the National Civil exam and state specific surveying exam in April.  I'm just waiting on the seismic results this time around (although i'm not that confident in it).  Would California wait to update their licensing database until all the results come out for everyone (including national results) this time around, or would they updated the licensing if all they need is a california state specific exam.
I believe the state specific exam results will come out a few hours after the national exam results for ca. they send a pdf with all your information on it (which exams you've passed and haven't passed).. no promises though.

I PASSED! !!!!!!!

I have had a FL PE for about 10 years, and now I have a CA PE!

I can now tell people I am eligible to work on both ends of the I-10 freeway, LOL

I PASSED! !!!!!!!

I have had a FL PE for about 10 years, and now I have a CA PE!

I can now tell people I am eligible to work on both ends of the I-10 freeway, LOL
and you can wear a cape!

congrats!

From the update they have, it looks like the database is useless now to find out if you pass. We have to send in a notification that we passed before they assign us a number. I was waiting on the state exams and got results by email/pdf listing all three tests. If they updated the database, we won't know until tomorrow when it refreshes. If they didn't, then chances are we have to send in that form even though we refiled before those new rules came out.

Good luck!

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Had taken and passed my PE in Louisiana in 1999... managed to pass both Seismic and Surveying on my first try... studying was a real bear for me after being out of habit for so many years... if I can do it, all of you can.

credit for Seismic goes to Dr Ibrahim of EET... couldn't have made it without his help. You guys and gals have been a great support staff :)

From the update they have, it looks like the database is useless now to find out if you pass. We have to send in a notification that we passed before they assign us a number. I was waiting on the state exams and got results by email/pdf listing all three tests. If they updated the database, we won't know until tomorrow when it refreshes. If they didn't, then chances are we have to send in that form even though we refiled before those new rules came out.

Good luck!

I don't think you have to file the notification for this (Oct 2016) cycle. In one of the threads on EB someone got an email from the state Board confirming that the notifications would be required starting the next cycle (April 2017) when the NCEES is decoupled from registration.

Incidentally on my password protected email today it indicates "green" for everything so I don't see why we have to send in a form to notify a pass when they already know (for this last cycle).

3EHqUSA.png

1 hour ago, jijir83 said: From the update they have, it looks like the database is useless now to find out if you pass. We have to send in a notification that we passed before they assign us a number. I was waiting on the state exams and got results by email/pdf listing all three tests. If they updated the database, we won't know until tomorrow when it refreshes. If they didn't, then chances are we have to send in that form even though we refiled before those new rules came out. Good luck!

I don't think you have to file the notification for this (Oct 2016) cycle. In one of the threads on EB someone got an email from the state Board confirming that the notifications would be required starting the next cycle (April 2017) when the NCEES is decoupled from registration.Incidentally on my password protected email today it indicates "green" for everything so I don't see why we have to send in a form to notify a pass when they already know (for this last cycle).

3EHqUSA.png
That's what I'm thinking and it would make sense. But yesterday they told someone on FB that they'll need to send in the notification. The letter they sent spoke of refilling as if I failed but nothing about the notification. Total confusefest. I'll see if my name is on tomorrow. If not, I'll send them the form when I get home.

I don't know why they sent me this e-mail (I passed the exams several years ago) but the Board sent me this today (12-15-2016):

UPDATED DECEMBER 15, 2016 - Fall 2016 examinees: NCEES exam results are now
available to California candidates. To view your results, next steps, and more
information, visit your MyNCEES Account at https://account.ncees.org/login. California
state specific exam results and Geology exam results should be released by Friday
(12/16/16).

I don't know why they sent me this e-mail (I passed the exams several years ago) but the Board sent me this today (12-15-2016):

information, visit your MyNCEES Account at https://account.ncees.org/login. California

state specific exam results and Geology exam results should be released by Friday

(12/16/16).
Just trying to mess with you a little. Sounds like they're trying to use a batch mailing system now but didn't filter it properly. They seriously need to reword their results letter also. If I didn't open the PDF first, I would have had a heart attack.

(12/16/16).
I thought you took the test again for fun ??

I am so demented that I actually do find the Survey exam fun.  :)   The Seismic on the other hand..... I don't know how I passed..... I think they mixed my scantron up with someone else's.  :I 

(12/16/16).
my coworker got the email too and he passed in april

(12/16/16).
Did you sign up BPELSG's subscriber list at any time?  If so, you would be receiving the email you've indicated.  That's how I received it.

That's what I'm thinking and it would make sense. But yesterday they told someone on FB that they'll need to send in the notification. The letter they sent spoke of refilling as if I failed but nothing about the notification. Total confusefest. I'll see if my name is on tomorrow. If not, I'll send them the form when I get home.

Results for everyone that sat for an NCEES in California for the October 2016 cycle were uploaded into BPELSG's system in the same manner as previous cycles.  Notifying us that you passed a future NCEES exam only begins with this new cycle and beyond.

Back