Registered for the wrong exam October 2016!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igotoflo

Reaction score
Ok...So........This was my third try at licensure. I took it in Chicago where Continental Testing Services is the protecting entity. When I sat in my seat I noticed that my test card said "Computer Engineering" "I checked the wrong discipline when I registered! . I panicked and told the one of the reps for CTS that I believe I may be taking the wrong exam. They when elsewhere to discuss with I guess whomever was supervising and said they would allow me take the Power as they have one extra exam of each discipline. They wrote my name and ID on the new test book and cross out C.E and wrote in power on the test card. They, also stated they would write up small incident report to submit to the board. I felt very confident about my test this go round as I studied my arse off.

HOWEVER, today I was curious and gave NCEES personnel at call to see if my situation would be honored. Their response was something like "Your test with be graded for whatever exam you registered for"...in this case "Computer Engineering". Major kicked to the face. So I took the Power exam but they are going to grade my scantron sheet as if I took the C.E test!?...wtf.She said that CTS doesn't have authority to change the test. BUT, then went on to say that I need to contact CTS because if anyone can address this situation its them and NOT NCEES, which is confusing...........I emailed someone from CTS and I'm awaiting a response....I'm in EXTREME PANICKED RIGHT NOW.....has anyone heard of a situation like this before

Sorry I must ask; is English your first language?
WTH man, can we be nice enough to understand what this person is going through?

@igotoflo I would suggest to wait for the response from NCEES. I am pretty sure things will workout for you as it did on your exam day.

all the best!

CTS already allowed you to take the Power discipline, I think you will be fine.

Don't worry to much. The answer sheet has its own bar code, NCEES will grade it accordingly. Worst situation, you might need to require for manual grading.

I just don't understand that why you did not take a look at the authorization ticket. 

Don't you have to write in the test booklet number or something like that?

That would tell the scantron which master answer sheet to use.

I assume when you log into your NCEES account it says "Computer?"

oh man..that's a big snafu! why you didn't verify all the information when you received the authorization?

I don't think I double checked my authorization, I just assumed I didn't make a mistake - Bummer that you made the mistake but hopefully CTS works it out for you!

iu

Back