Curiosity POLL: Civil PE 8 hr Exam - Ease and Difficulty - Oct 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcool

Reaction score
Wanted to see how everyone felt about Saturday's PE Civil Exam. For me, it was rough in the afternoon (wre) but the morning felt like a breeze. 

I felt moderate throughout the whole thing. I was taken back by some of the questions for sure. I am not exactly confident, but optimistic that I passed.

I felt moderate throughout the whole thing. I was taken back by some of the questions for sure. I am not exactly confident, but optimistic that I passed.
Well said. Same boat over here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know this poll isn't perfect since there's not a whole lotta context for the answers given, but what is everyone's idea of difficulty? For me, the depth was difficult because after going through all the problems I had about 10 that were not very straightforward, plus it took me a long time to figure out. Most of those I guessed on. Easy test would mean having less than 5 problems that stumped me. 

I'm going to follow up on this poll in a couple of months after we get the results. I would be very interested to see how many ppl came out of the exam who thought they passed and actually did, versus those who thought they passed but didn't. Curious to know what kind of correlation we have between self confidence, passing scores, and perhaps passing percentages with certain PE courses. Anyone else love statistics?! I'm no statistician though...

Morning was tough.  It was much harder than the 3 NCEES practice tests I tried.

Afternoon Transportation was moderate.  Had one topic I wasnt prepared for, but overall about what I expected.

Morning was tough.  It was much harder than the 3 NCEES practice tests I tried.
100% agree... The Morning practice exams seemed much easier compared to the real thing.

On the flip side, my afternoon Water Resources / Environmental section seemed easier than the practice afternoon exams problems I had gone through. (This would be my preference)

Back