why won't the CA board allow us to get a copy of exam with answers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signalmod

Reaction score
how will we prepare for the next time if we can't determine which ones we did correctly and incorrectly to better prepare for the next time. it's a **** sham to make money off of applicants each time they have to retake.

how will we prepare for the next time if we can't determine which ones we did correctly and incorrectly to better prepare for the next time. it's a **** sham to make money off of applicants each time they have to retake.
Probably the $100k it costs to develop a new test.

When you say California, are you referring to the CA-Survey and CA-Seismic exams?  Or the national 8hr exam?  Regardless, are you seriously suggesting that the state board release to you (and everyone else who failed) each and every question you got wrong, with all four answer choices, and the correct answer?  Seriously?  Could you imagine how many exam questions would be floating out there if they did this for everybody?  Think about it. 

Anyway, you will receive a diagnostic if you fail.  For the state exams, the topic will be listed and you'll receive 'deficient', 'marginal', 'proficient', if I recall.  The national exam will include a diagnostic stating how many you got correct out of the total, per topic. 

These diagnostics reports should be more than enough for you to study harder next time and pass.

When you say California, are you referring to the CA-Survey and CA-Seismic exams?  Or the national 8hr exam?  Regardless, are you seriously suggesting that the state board release to you (and everyone else who failed) each and every question you got wrong, with all four answer choices, and the correct answer?  Seriously? 
Lol... it sounds like an awesome idea to me!

You clearly don't understand the logistics and cost involved with developing questions for EACH subject offered on the PE exam. 

NCEES gives each applicant who failed the exam a diagnostic breakdown to evaluate where they performed weakly on the exam.  That should be more than sufficient for an examinee who failed the exam to study and improve his/her performance. 

Giving out the questions ruins the integrity of the title of PE in my opinion.

From my time in college, this type of crap happened all the time.  People got hold of the exams, studied only the questions, and handed it off to the next batch of kids coming in rinse and repeat.  Going through school this way you wouldn't develop an understanding of the material and be able to apply it to any question thrown your way.  

From my time in college, this type of crap happened all the time.  People got hold of the exams, studied only the questions, and handed it off to the next batch of kids coming in rinse and repeat.  Going through school this way you wouldn't develop an understanding of the material and be able to apply it to any question thrown your way.  
Agree ? % with you.

Yea man..totally...my As do come easy haha but I don't learn a thing! 

Back