How many do I need to get right to pass the PM?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannacape

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just took the Transportation NCEES practice exam and I got 29 questions right. I was wondering how many do I need to get right to pass? I heard it varies from year to year but what is an usual range?

Also I took the AM from NCEES practice and I got 31 right. So I am not sure if NCEES look at total score or seperately, for example if I can get more right in one session to make up for another session?

Thanks!

Hi Guys

I just took the Transportation NCEES practice exam and I got 29 questions right. I was wondering how many do I need to get right to pass? I heard it varies from year to year but what is an usual range?

Also I took the AM from NCEES practice and I got 31 right. So I am not sure if NCEES look at total score or seperately, for example if I can get more right in one session to make up for another session?

Thanks!
If you want to pass, figure on getting at least 70% correct, or 56 of the 80 total questions (AM and PM combined). 

If you get 60 or more total correct you will pass. Any number less than that is anyone's guess.

Thanks ptatohed and John QPE! It looks like I'm close. Actually after exam I felt confident I got at least 5-6 more right that I actually did. I later realized I made some silly mistakes, such as-- pulling a number from table and not reading footnote at bottom as I was rushing etc. Or missing a small factor. The way they setup the answers to exactly match a mistake, Just gotta be more careful. 

I very clearly remember I felt "really good" about 27 AM and 28 PM problems.  If I got all these correct and no others, that's a 55.  I suspect I was probably wrong on maybe 10% of my "feel good" ones, so that would put me at 50, but then I likely got about 25% of the remaining 25 which would give me 50 + 6 = 56.  I bet I just passed!  Try to leave there feeling super good about at least 30 in each session.  I put a little mark next to my "I nailed it" problems so I could leave having a rough idea how I did. 

I very clearly remember I felt "really good" about 27 AM and 28 PM problems.  If I got all these correct and no others, that's a 55.  I suspect I was probably wrong on maybe 10% of my "feel good" ones, so that would put me at 50, but then I likely got about 25% of the remaining 25 which would give me 50 + 6 = 56.  I bet I just passed!  Try to leave there feeling super good about at least 30 in each session.  I put a little mark next to my "I nailed it" problems so I could leave having a rough idea how I did. 
YES This is what happened to me exactly as well. I did not count the answers I feel sure about, but I should have, Dang.

Now that I took the real exam, I feel the exam was a bit different than the NCEES practice exam or any other practice test I reviewed. So I actually have even less answers that I feel I 'nailed it'. However there a good amount of answers that I 'feel good but not sure'. Overall I feel good and I think I should pass.  

Hi GuysI just took the Transportation NCEES practice exam and I got 29 questions right. I was wondering how many do I need to get right to pass? I heard it varies from year to year but what is an usual range?

Thanks!
1 more than the cut off for failing.

Back