What the heck is this?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
I found this laying in the middle of the garage yesterday and it looks important.  Got cars, bikes, atv's and mowers in there.  Surely it goes to something.

View attachment 8733

That certainly looks like a flange or gasket for an IC engine of some sort.  Have you disassembled any yard equipment since last time you cleaned the garage?

I am constantly working on a pair of Tao Tao atv's so I assume its off one of them, but I can't remember taking it off or find where it goes.  BTW, I do not recommend purchasing Chinese fourwheelers.  We bought two gently used ones last Christmas for the boys and one or both of them are in a constant state of repair.  I have had two of the wheels blow out (see below), replaced two crown bolts, replaced both chains, replaced both chain tighteners, one rear brake assembly, one battery, both fuel filters and one rear axle assembly in less than a year.  To make matters worse, I am not a mechanic or any where near it.  Just kind of learning as I go.  I guess on the bright side, the boys are learning something about small engines and brakes and axles and wheels and filters and...  

File Oct 26, 8 50 09 AM.jpg

Back