EET Seminar vs Webinar

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeks PE

Civil3D Wizard
Reaction score
Hello All,

After doing some research on which PE prep course to take, I've decided on EET. Now I am trying to determine if I should take the Seminar or the Webinar.

I live in the East Bay and work in Vacaville, so taking the Seminar would be doable with a decent commute. Classes during the week would have an extra 40 minute commute while weekend classes would take me 80 minutes. Is it worth the extra commute to do the seminar in person? Will I lose much by doing the webinar? Any input is appreciated.

Not talking about this particular seminar, but I prefer the webinar format. It helps me to save time on commute, because every minute saved is a minute gained that you can either rest or study... or as in my case spend time with family. 

Good luck.

Seismic or 8 hour? October or April exam?

Had I taken a class for 8hr, I probably would have done a live webinar. I wasn't learning anything new that needed 100% attention all the time.

I'm taking seismic now in person but I live nearby. We have a couple of students who drive in for Saturday in-person lectures from the bay area. Those are 8-9hr days. Then on top of that, we have live web lectures on Thursday at 5:30pm for a couple of hours and Tuesday live web review for an hour or so before getting our practice exams. There's also loads of homework.

Personally, I would rather drive in for the 8hr Saturday lectures and I hate driving with a passion. Sitting through the 2 hours on Thursdays are rough so I can't imagine 8 hours. Since the Thursday supplements start before i leave work, i have to go back and play the beginning of the recordings. I'm even lazy about that. Also the class setting gives me the discipline to not slack off. If there's ever a day you miss, they give you access to the recorded webinars to catch up. I've been avoiding relying on that because it's hard to catch up for me.

I feel a class in-person works better if you don't have the discipline. You also may consider staying late at work for Thursday supplements and get it live. If you have the discipline to give it 8hrs straight at home, I say go for it. I live alone and can't imagine having the attention span to learn a topic from scratch with loads of temptation around. It might be even tougher if you have kids and spouse at home.

Also something to consider and I believe that they offer... You can try it in person and if it gets too much to commute, ask to switch to live webinars. You can then gauge what works best for you.

Good luck!

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

jijir83,

Thanks for the in-depth response. I was planning to take the 8hr class for April exam. Your response is exactly what I'm worried about. Unfortunately I am a procrastinator with a short attention span and I'm worried that the live seminar would push me to get the most out of the class. I will definitely ask about trying the seminar with the option of switching over to webinar.

I am taking the live webinar course now, I really enjoy it, I was a bit hesitant at first, I worried that I would lose focus and not be able to pay attention for 8-10 hours to a webinar while I am at home, however the webinar is very interactive and if you are seriously focused and contributing to conversation in the lecture, you stay alert the entire time and it goes by fast! If I am not mistaken, I believe the cost for the seminar and the webinar are the same so I can't imagine they would have any issue with letting you switch. hope this helps!

Back