FE - Electrical ; Need help on Study materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomsci

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am out of college for more than 10 years and now I want to prepare for FE exam (Electrical & Computer).

I need advice from people who have passed or preparing for exam regarding the study materials commonly used. I am planning to purchase Lindeburg but I found 2 books given below and confused whether I should buy both or only one. I have downloaded FE handbook from NCEES.

1. FE Review Manual - Rapid preparation for fundamentals of engineering exam - Lindeburg

2. FE Electrical & Computers - Review Manual - Lindeburg

Also please suggest some mock test or sample question bank available.

regards,

Tomsci

I bought both books and found them to be my main references.  Make sure you try every sample problem then spend the extra time to fully understand how they were solved.

I found the 'ABC Calculator' very helpful (see my post in the thread 'FE passing score'). 

Also, most important, make sure you FULLY understand how to navigate the electronic version of the NCEES FE Reference manual.  Unfortunately, the PDF reader they provide with the computer-based test is POOR, and it is difficult to do searches :(

Finally, spend the time to fully understand how to use every function on your calculator of choice.  I used the TI-36 Pro, since I like the feel of its keys versus the Casio or the HP, and there was only a couple of more fancy features on the Casio which I could not see an FE test use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Engineers reported using a hand full of training videos from http://electronicspeprep.com/ to aid in passing the FE. It might be too in-depth on most subjects, however some training videos target the same core concepts (Norton, Thevenin, Truth Tables, etc.).

Based on the feedback, the overall goal was to sit for both FE and PE back-to-back. 

Back