Ground Resistivity and Arc-Flash

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hebertjl5

Reaction score
Hi all!

Been cranking through problems and everything else (everything else being the mountain of stuff and things on my home office desk) for the past couple months.

I'm looking for some straight forward literature in the areas of ground resistivity and arc-flash. Equations to follow the different examples. I'm trying to game out all scenarios so that I can't be taken by surprise in October...

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance!

I found some formulas for ARC flash calcs in Annex D of NFPA 70. I haven't found any sample problems to test them out though

I would recommend knowing how to calculate the arc flash incident energy using NFPA 70E as stated above.

Probably better to understand the rules/needs related to arc flash spelled out NFPA 70E rather than actual equations. Arc flash studies have so many variables that I couldn't imagine trying to do any useful calculations on anything but the absolute simplest scenarios. I can't imagine what type of question you would get that you could solve in 6 minutes.

Back