Spartan race

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
Going to run my first Spartan race tomorrow at Ft. Campbell.  I've been working out very consistently and fairly seriously for about 10 years, but have never done anything like this.  I generally hate running so that part of the training has been pretty grueling, but I've enjoyed the challenge.  I started training for this the first of June and had a goal of losing 20 lbs.  I lost 19, so that went as planned.  They are saying the fastest time is 40 min.  I'm hoping I can finish in under an hour.  Anybody else done/doing this?

I have never done one for "fun"  I did complete the "Audie Murphy Assault Course in Fort Lewis Washington as part of my OCS program"  it wasn't something I would want to do for "fun" again though ;)

Good Luck and be glad there aren't people cussing your mothers name at you while you try and "shimme" across a rope.. which is way way harder than it looks! 

good luck man! I am doing a Spartan race in Seattle in April!

Finished 80th of 358 in my heat.  Took 1hr 21min, but the weird thing was I had no concept of time.  I didnt take a watch and had no idea how long I had been running.  I don't think I have ever been as exhausted as I was that morning or as sore as I was Sunday, but I would do it again.  Just not any time soon.

Back