How many times can I take the PE exam in Connecticut?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cibpink

Reaction score
I took the exam twice (Last October 2.015 &  April 2016) and now I am unable to register in the NCEES website to re-take the exam in October 2016.

I have been reading different answers as to how many times can one take the Exam in Connecticut.

Can somebody help clarify?

I would start by contacting NCEES directly and creating a support ticket to see what the discrepancy is. It may not be a failed exam count limitation but rather a glitch in their system (hard to fathom I know.....<sarcasm>). I don't know off hand of any states which have a (2) failed exam count limitation but there are some that have limitations after (3) I think.

@cibpink,

This might be the answer:

(e) A candidate failing an examination will, upon receipt of the appropriate fee, be listed for reexamination at the regularly scheduled examination held within thirteen months of the original exam. Any candidate who fails the second consecutive examination will be required to wait a period of one year following notification of failure before reapplying, and at that time shall submit a new application with the appropriate fee. A candidate who fails an examination may not review his examination booklet or the associated answer sheets. Rescoring of the examination or any individual problem is not permitted, however, a retabulation of the numerical score will be permitted.
http://eregulations.ct.gov/eRegsPortal/Browse/RCSA?id=Title 20|20-300|20-300-5|20-300-5

You might want to call your state board to verify.

Back