P.Eng from Canada

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civeng15

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian Civil Structural professional engineer in Toronto, Ontario, more than 7 years of experience, master degree with NCEES profile. I am currently planning to move to Houston, Texas with TN visa. Is there a way for FE exam exemption in Texas or any other state.

Any help is appreciated.

Your best bet would be to contact the TX state board for the most concise response. Based on other discussions here, I think most state boards do not grant FE/EIT exemptions any longer like they once did based solely on experience. And when they did grant exemptions, I'm fairly certain the experience requirement was in the double-digit range.  The FE is now offered year-round as a CBT exam so you can take it at your convenience rather than waiting for the spring/fall exam cycles previously. In addition, this will also alleviate any potential issues with you getting licensed in any other states who's FE/EIT requirement is absolute.  Good luck!

Your best bet would be to contact the TX state board for the most concise response. Based on other discussions here, I think most state boards do not grant FE/EIT exemptions any longer like they once did based solely on experience. And when they did grant exemptions, I'm fairly certain the experience requirement was in the double-digit range.  The FE is now offered year-round as a CBT exam so you can take it at your convenience rather than waiting for the spring/fall exam cycles previously. In addition, this will also alleviate any potential issues with you getting licensed in any other states who's FE/EIT requirement is absolute.  Good luck!
Thank you Knight1fox3. Since other states require FE/EIT, I will go with that and start studying for the lengthy FE exam.

Back