Hello from Boston, MA (USA)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgorham

Reaction score
Hello from Beantown.

I went to school for Fire Protection Engineering at the University of Maryland (USA), the only school with an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree in the field. After my bachelor's I decided I hadn't had enough and finished up my master's degree from the same program. I currently work for a research foundation where I plan, manage, and coordinate projects with the mission of helping to save lives and reduce loss from fire, electrical, and related hazards.

With 2 years of engineering experience under my belt after finishing my master's degree I have decided to apply for my Professional Engineering license in the state of California. I plan to sit for the October 2016 exam, though am growing a little concerned about hearing back from the state with enough time to register.

The community of fire protection engineers is small, and is reflected so here on these boards. Our professional society, the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (www.sfpe.org), offers a prep-course which I am taking. Any other comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Back