Mansour - Main Study Book and Surveying Practice Exams & Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is published errata for Mansour´s "Surveying Practice Exam & Solutions" 1st edition?

I am looking at an obvious error in Problem 50 in exam 1, but would like know the known errors up front prior to burning an incorrect approach into my brain.

Thanks....

FPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
As a follow up:

I found a good number of the problems in the Practice Exams & Solutions book to be identical to those in Reza Mahallati´s book. They were taken verbatim without even the effort to change around the values of the dimensions to make it look different or new. One of the problems even contained the same error that is in Reza Mahalaitti´s book where the question asks you to determine the vertical curve length, and yet all the multiple choice answers are all for the BVC station and elevation.

I contacted Mr Reza Mahallati and he is aware of the blatant plagiarism going on in the Mansour books, and needless to say he is not happy about it nor holds a high opinion of Mansour.  

I am angered that a member of my profession can hold these low ethical values and also angered that I paid nearly $100 to him for plagiarized material that I already owned.

Just FYI for you folks.

Others including myself have noticed the similar/same problems. Someone suggested that the two may have been working together at the beginning and then split into two organizations. I believe that these problems are old exam problems that these people got their hands on somehow. Hence, they are the same. Again, these are just speculations and we really don't know the truth. 

Good luck with your exams.

I spoke with Mr Reza Mahallati, he is pissed off and in no way is working with Mansour.

This is straight out plagiarism by Mansour.

Back