Messi to Jail!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says right in the story that both he and his father are unlikely to go to jail.

Messi and his father plan to appeal the sentence. But even if that fails, it's unlikely the soccer player will spend any time behind bars.

Under Spanish law, a tax prison sentence of less than 2 years can be served under probation.

Messi is arguably the best soccer player in the world...so kind of a big deal. Except he won't go to jail, cause he's arguably the best soccer player in the world.

hitting a curve ball and throwing one, 2 different things..

but in all seriousness, I bet every "man" on that field cant chop down a tree, bench 225 lbs, field dress a deer, etc

hitting a curve ball and throwing one, 2 different things..

but in all seriousness, I bet every "man" on that field cant chop down a tree, bench 225 lbs, field dress a deer, etc
Not sure why all the hate on football players (not soccer dammit) but national level players conduct strength sessions that are on par with many other sports.  Acceleration, jumps, ball control, conducting/withstanding challenges all require strength and serious skill. 

my personal litmus test on what I consider a "real sport" is this question:

Would I be willing to hop onto the field and start a fight with one of the athletes?

USA Football - Hell No

Hockey - Nope

Basketball - Nope

Baseball - maybe

Soccer - Yep

Golf - Hell Yes

Tennis - Hell to the Yes

"Cycling" - LOL

"X-Games" - You Bet

etc, etc,

Not saying I would win the altercation, I just wouldn't be afraid to partake in it..

Last edited by a moderator:
well my assumption is that any activity where punching or kicking your opponent is the main action of the sport then it is by defin a "sport" and the litmus test is not needed ;)

I was thinking more like her??
312559b6f40c424a81accfb9be244cd6.jpg

my personal litmus test on what I consider a "real sport" is this question:

Would I be willing to hop onto the field and start a fight with one of the athletes?

USA Football - Hell No

Hockey - Nope

Basketball - Nope

Baseball - maybe

Soccer - Yep

Golf - Hell Yes

Tennis - Hell to the Yes

"Cycling" - LOL

"X-Games" - You Bet

etc, etc,

Not saying I would win the altercation, I just wouldn't be afraid to partake in it..
I'd sooner fight an NBA player than most of the baseball players.

^ Agreed.  Even baseball players are afraid of baseball players.  Here's Piazza on why he didn't fight Clemens after the latter threw a broken bat toward him:

The least of them was the realization that Clemens was a big guy, and I stood a pretty fair chance of getting my ass kicked in front of Yankee Stadium and the world. That was a legitimate concern.
He apparently also took up some form of martial arts to be able to protect himself in the future.

Back