Civil Engineer Job in New York

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faluja

Reaction score
I'm currently seeking a Civil Engineer in with all round experience in the design of site/civil development projects. Experience working on multiple small and large-scale projects. The candidate will have experience of civil engineering design from inception through to construction in a variety of development scenarios.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES:

• ·         Civil Engineering design
  • ·         Preparation of contract drawings, documents and specifications              
  • ·         Advising on the need for surveys and/or investigations
  • ·         Preparation of reports and technical notes         
  • ·         Coordinating work with engineers and other groups      
  • ·         Site visits/inspections/meetings
  • ·         Continuing education and development
REQUIREMENTS:

• ·         Engineer-In-Training license
  • ·         Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
  • ·         Minimum 4 years of experience on site/civil development design including site planning, layout, grading, utilities, pavements, and stormwater management
  • ·         Understanding of sustainability principles and green infrastructure
SKILLS:

• ·         Working knowledge of AutoCAD required and/or Microstation required; Civil 3D preferred
  • ·         Working knowledge of engineering design software preferred
  • ·         Good written and verbal communication skills essential for team-based working and client facing
  • ·         Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
  • ·         Must be self-motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
  • ·         Able to manage individual tasks under limited supervision
  • ·         Supervisory responsibility
  • ·         Able to guide junior engineers and technicians
Sound like a role you'd love to sink your teeth into?  Send your resume today to
[email protected]

If you happen to know any mechanical engineering job opportunity in new York please let me know. I am planning to move to New York. I just passed Mechanical engineering PE exam this April 2016.

Back