My Experience with EET Water Resources and Environmental Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prasannakm

Reaction score
I was one of the many who benefited by reading the previous reviews on Engineer boards forums. I registered for the EET course and took the exam in April 2016 and passed in my first attempt and I owe my success to Nazrul. 

The course is very well put together with the focus on the PE exam. The binder is divided into sections in the same format as the exam specifications and placed in the same order. This makes it very easy to follow the binder in the exam. The best part are the cheat sheets at the front of every section tab, so you save a lot of time in looking for formulas upfront. Nazrul's way of covering the course is excellent he makes you understand the concept so that in the exam you know the steps to solve the problem and all you need to do is refer to the cheat sheets. The knowledge I gained by completing the course is not only for passing the exam but I use it in my regular Consulting work as well.

To pass the exam all you need to do is follow the schedule put together. Attend the courses do practice problems, take the practice exams and submit it on time. The simulated exam at the end of the course gives a good idea of where you stand. In my case at the end of the simulated exam I was below the average line, I spent the final two weeks reviewing the course material and retook the practice exams and that did the trick. I was tempted to try to solve additional sample exams available in the market, but I followed Nazrul's advice of not trying to learn anything new in the final two weeks. I completed 30 questions in about 2 hours and when I walked out I felt that I will pass the exams.

If you take the EET course, you do not need any other reference. I did not use any other book during the exam all the answers required were in the binder, in fact some of the very vague conceptual questions which would have been difficult to find in reference books were available readily in the course binder which saved a lot of time.
I registered for the webinar on demand option which gave me the flexibility to review the course at my own pace. Nazrul also has weekly problem solving sessions to cover additional problems not available in the course binder to test your understanding from the course covered the previous week which proves valuable in planning forward. The course binder has all the tables and reference material needed for the exam. 

if you are in a dilemma of which course to take for water resources and environmental depth portion then I would say think no further and register for EET course and you are on your way to success.

I am going to echo Prasanna's statements and say that Nazrul's EET WR/Env Depth review course is nothing short of outstanding.  There are so many opportunities to work a variety of practices problems, homework, and practice exams, that it will only build your confidence come time to taking the exam.  The material provided by Nazrul is top-notch, organized, and this is exceptionally helpful as you start to time yourself when working his problems and during the real exam.  I did not need to use any other references (maybe 1 reference in addition) for the depth exam.

Nazrul cares much for his students to succeed but he wants his students to understand the key concept when working through the problem.  Once you understand the concept you can enjoy studying.  I took the exam in October 2015 and passed confidently after taking the EET course.  I had not passed the exam on my previous attempts and knew I needed a very good, detailed-oriented review course to keep me on track.  Let's face it, it can be difficult to study when life is busy, so a structured review course with streamlined material was the way to go for me.

For future exam takers, I highly recommend this review course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Yeah, Nazrul is nothing short of amazing at what he does.

I have taken the 8hr (wre depth) course from eet. Time was my biggest challenge. Working full time with 2 kids, and needed to take a trip overseas before the exam. I was convinced that taking classes will help me, and after quite a bit of research I found Eet was best for me. I even attended some of the classes from halfway across the globe (and half asleep some times). But I could go back to the video recordings on their site to catch up any concepts I missed. The numerous homework problems, trouble shooting sessions, practice tests, thorough reference material, and above all expert instructors who are committed - these are the factors that helped me pass the exam in 1st attempt last October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back