New MyNCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this mean we can use their service to apply for comity again?  I remember reading it would be down until sometime in late June. 

Are state boards going to start requiring us to input all this information into the NCEES website?

If I understand the new system, the only way to sync your records account to your ncees is to transmit a record to a state right?  I guess it's not important until then anyways, just seems weird you have to wait until you transmit a record app.

Does this mean we can use their service to apply for comity again?  I remember reading it would be down until sometime in late June. 
yes, there is a "multi-state licensure" button that takes you through the process of getting everything verified. I've just started doing it now.

On 6/19/2016 at 11:42 AM, TWJ PE said: Just going through the new site. I like the feature to track your Continuing Ed course.
Bummer you can't upload PDF's of certificates to store on there
Once you enter the course info, they prompt you to upload pdf's as verification of the course.

I hate tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ken PE 3.0 said: Once you enter the course info, they prompt you to upload pdf's as verification of the course.
That's good to know. I might use this even though my state doesn't require continuing education.
Lucky you.

I hate tapatalk

That's good to know. I might use this even though my state doesn't require continuing education yet.
Fixt.  As I said, based on some of the rumblings and various committee meetings with NSPE, it's only a matter of time. :thumbs:

has the creation of a NCEES record always been free with no annual fee?  and they just charge you to submit it?  or is this part of the new process

has the creation of a NCEES record always been free with no annual fee?  
Absolutely not.  NCEES gets "theirs" for all the effort it takes in processing one's initial record.  And there is also an annual maintenance fee in addition to a fee each time you request record submission.

Absolutely not.  NCEES gets "theirs" for all the effort it takes in processing one's initial record.  And there is also an annual maintenance fee in addition to a fee each time you request record submission.
not anymore...from the website

Transmitting your Record

Transmittals are requested through your MyNCEES account and take approximately 2-3 days to process. Your Record will be reviewed each time it is transmitted to ensure everything is current.

Fees

There is no charge to complete the application process and no annual renewal fee.

Fees are charged each time you transmit your Record to a state licensing board.

First transmittal—$175
All subsequent transmittals—$75 each

Nice.  I know the initial fee to establish a record was at a discount if it was within 6 months of passing the PE exam (which I did).  I guess I'm glad there are no longer any maintenance fees?  But will never get back what I've already invested!

post-27957-Dwight-Schrute-screaming-gif-A-rgni.gif

Once you enter the course info, they prompt you to upload pdf's as verification of the course.

I hate tapatalk
Awesome! 

I've been using this site http://www.engineer-cloud.com/index.php?page=_CEU-PDH-Content&compactview=compact but it will be nice to have it all on MyNCEES. So let me get this right, I upload my hours, my certificates, and when I need to show that I've done my 30 hours (Oregon) I just submit myNCEES record and I don't need to do any paperwork at all? 

Wait, so the NCEES Records program is now going to be tracking PDHs?  Will that also be for each state that a license is held in?  Is that going to be a requirement or something optional?  Because in my opinion, upon being audited by one's respective state board on development hours for license renewal, one would think that having an entire record submitted to them would be a waste of resources with a large amount of extraneous information that they should already have on file.  When all they are really looking for is the PDH tracking.  The WI state licensing board offers an Excel document that is to be used and maintained on an individual basis.  However, submission per biennium is not required unless a licensee is being audited accordingly.

Back