What little things do people do that drive you crazy?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mevans154

Project Manager
Reaction score
What little things do people do that drive you crazy?

For me:

1.  Talking on your cell phone while crapping in the bathroom stall at work.

2.  Not wearing a belt with your dress pants.

3.  Not picking up your feet while walking.  (knees up people!)

Last edited by a moderator:
People that click their pens

People that answer their phone when I'm talking to them.

Anyone who walks over and asked me if I got their email

Any adult that can't make it through a one hour meeting without looking at their phone

People that won't hold the door open if you're walking behind them

Chicks that wear yoga pants to work and then get upset when people check out their ass

People that respond to questions with "Yea" instead of "Yes"

People that while ordering at a restaurant say "I want"

People that wear their sunglasses inside

I do that sometimes.  I wear prescription sunglasses and get out of car to run into the store and forget about them.  Since I'm mostly blind without them I have to wear them in the store to see what I need.

22 minutes ago, DuckFlats said: People that wear their sunglasses inside
I do that sometimes.  I wear prescription sunglasses and get out of car to run into the store and forget about them.  Since I'm mostly blind without them I have to wear them in the store to see what I need.
I can live with that.

People that respond to questions with "Yea" instead of "Yes"

People that while ordering at a restaurant say "I want"

Confused about that one.  I think I usually say I'll try or I'll have the Chicken Parm?  

44 minutes ago, DuckFlats said: People that respond to questions with "Yea" instead of "Yes" People that while ordering at a restaurant say "I want"

Confused about that one.  I think I usually say I'll try or I'll have the Chicken Parm?  
I used to get yelled at by my grandparents if I said "I want". I say "may I have". I'll try or I'll have doesn't bother me. I cannot explain it haha.

1. People who are faking it until they hopefully make it. Trust me, everyone knows you're faking it. Just come out with it already. Apparently I'm the only human comfortable with saying "I messed up" or "I didn't know".

2. People who tiptoe around people who are faking it until they make it rather than cutting through their bull. Another one of those meetings and I'll call them all out then get fired.

3. People who take their personal calls at their desk in the cubicle jungle. I guess going to the empty lobby I drag myself to is unnecessary.

4. Woman who want to chat or talk about work in the bathroom. Hummmm.... no. No. NO!

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Poor office bathroom etiquette.

If you see me in the bathroom entering or exiting, do not make eye contact, do not chat or ask me about my weekend, and for heavens sake do not say my name out loud, especially if I'm walking out with my eyes down.  There's a reason I'm skulking out as quickly as possible, because I don't want anyone to know, yep that was me in Stall #3.  Don't go in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who pool the office until they get the answer they are looking for.

I hate tapatalk

I used to get yelled at by my grandparents if I said "I want". I say "may I have". I'll try or I'll have doesn't bother me. I cannot explain it haha.
"I want" isn't that bad.  Do you ever hear people order with "Give me..."?  "Give me a combo number 3, size medium, no onion, with a Sprite".   

we drove to Sonic to get some milkshakes the other weekend, my 16 year old was driving, when he handed the guy the tip (I think he just didn't know what to say) he said "Here is a little tip for you"-- I just tried to shrink in my seat and looked away (& then scolded him after we drove away)

I got a rather extensive apology from McDonald's once after the drive through cashier greeted me with "Whatchu want?"

I knew exactly what I wanted by name (because I had to look it up online), and when I asked for it, she followed up with a "we ain't got nothin' like that."

$15/hr over my dead body.

Back