UCLA Shootings and Engineering Students

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had discussions about training for mass shootings and are getting ready to form a team to take part in it. I'm strongly considering doing it.

I know run and hide is good, but back when I was in college and the Rodney king riots spilled over to Atlanta and youth got crazy I just reached over and placed my jansport backpack on my lap slid my hand down inside of the special compartment and then sat and calmly waited for someone to open the door..

Our patrol was pretty open about saying they knew a lot of people had concealed carry, but if when they showed up you "could please put down the gun so we don't shoot you." 

to be honest I only carried during the Rodney King ****, and a few other times.... But was glad to have it then..

That's some pretty scary stuff.  Have they said what the motive was?  RIP to Professor Klug.  

On a lighter note, this: 

reminds me of this:

79cdad88564e7697c0f0042260a29269.jpg

Saw a thing earlier that the killer also had a "kill list" that included a woman who was found dead in another state.

Yep, Mr crazy lived in the Twin Cities.

He lived in an apartment building in a rough part of St. Paul and the woman he killed is in somewhat of a rough suburb here as well.

You know, I wrote a thesis for a lazy ass person who got their MSCE off of it, but it's never occurred to me that I needed to murder them at work. 

Wow the professor was really young. Anytime I hear professor I think some crusty 60 year old....

Be nice if our new pilgrims would stop killing the locals...

& make sure to get it to me early Mcfly, what happens if I turn in my homework in your handwriting?  think Mcfly think!

Do you know what could happen?!  I could get expelled!  You wouldn't what that would ya?  WOULD YA?!

Back