Can you retake exam in different state

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gg-dc

Reaction score
I recently failed the PE exam and was wondering if I had to retake it in the same state or could I retake it in a different state?

U can - just have to apply...

When I lived in Ga- they have a 4 times clause (and then you have to wait 2 years ) so people who failed 4 times would take it on Alabama...

But each state is a little different...

Someone please take it in PR.  I need three licensed references for comity there.  

Why is this in the H2O sub-forum?  Why in the Exam Prep forum at all, actually?  And, where is the question mark?!  :p  

You can retake it in your state with a simple re-application or you can take it in a new state with a new full application. 

Why do you want to take it in a new state?

Last edited by a moderator:
Retake it in your state unless you have maxed out attemps

I hate tapatalk

Why is this in the H2O sub-forum?  Why in the Exam Prep forum at all, actually?  And, where is the question mark?!  :p  

You can retake it in your state with a simple re-application or you can take it in a new state with a new full application. 

Im moving to a state thats 1000 miles away and I dont want to come back to dc just to retake the test

On 5/27/2016 at 7:29 PM, ptatohed said: Why is this in the H2O sub-forum?  Why in the Exam Prep forum at all, actually?  And, where is the question mark?!  [emoji14]  You can retake it in your state with a simple re-application or you can take it in a new state with a new full application. 

Im moving to a state thats 1000 miles away and I dont want to come back to dc just to retake the test
I moved after attempting it in Massachusetts and emailed the Ohio board. They told me just to apply as if it were my first attempt. Contact the state board where you are moving and ask them what you should do, that's the safest bet.

I hate tapatalk

Back