Spring 2016 grading date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 32699

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the afternoon grading is scheduled for this year? From past data, it looks like fall results come out relatively earlier than spring results. 

I used the chat now feature on NCEES to ask a few days ago and they said it was scheduled to start June 4th. Still got a while to wait...

Thanks. Interesting that the fall takes 6 weeks (12/11/15) and spring takes 9-10, especially considering thanksgiving.  

Yeah I got the standard 10-12 weeks response when I asked about releasing the results. I think I read somewhere on the forum that last April they posted results within a week of the grading workshop - so hopefully that's the case again.

My guess is it will be the week of June 13th - 17th. Probably closer to the end of the week based on past experience.  Good Luck!

Thanks. Interesting that the fall takes 6 weeks (12/11/15) and spring takes 9-10, especially considering thanksgiving.  
If you look at the schedule in the licensure exchange it seems that the first weekend after the test that NCEES can host the scoring workshop is the first weekend in June because they have so many regional things.  Memorial Day weekend also puts it a week out too.  Fall definitely was nicer when I got my results same as PE people in my state.

NCEES released their June 2016 "Licensure Exchange" Newsletter & the Clemson SE Scoring Workshop is scheduled for 6/2-6/4 2016 (this current weekend).

By my experience from taking the test in IL, I bet IL April '16 examinees get their results the week of 6/13/16

I'd keep checking your NCEES account.  While it depends on the state (I took the SE in Montana which doesn't recognize an SE license) and therefore I never got an email confirmation from the state as my state doesn't care.  My NCEES results posted to my account on 6/15/15, but NCEES didn't send out an official email until 6/26/15.  The same was sort of true for my PE.  My results posted to my NCEES account about 1 day before Montana sent out their email notification if I remember correctly, and again some 10-ish days before NCEES sent out a notification email.

I realize every state is different, I'm just the impatient type so I just kept checking my account... 

I can't wait anymore......ahhh :DV: . How long it is going to take them to issue the results....

So I looked back because I am just waiting and it's awful.  Let's hope it like 2015, 2013 or 2012 with results to the states sometime this week.  Then let's hope our states release them quickly.

Year - Grading Weekend Start - Results to States

2015 - June 6 - June 11

2016 - June 5 - June 17

2013 - June 6 - June 13

2012 - June 7 - June 14

2011 - June 9 - June 29

How long after the results are provided to the states does it take for you get see your results individually? 

PE examines seem to have gotten them immediately. 

Some (most?) states are immediate, some states sit on it for a few days. It typically follows the same pattern as the PE release dates (if your state is a few days behind the others on the PE then expect the same on the SE).

I didn't find out via my state (South Carolina) first. I looked under my NCEES account. Saw that I passed and then it was later in the day, or maybe the next day that I received the email from South Carolina that I passed. I would check NCEES account. My guess is that there is still a week left to go before results are released though.

I didn't find out via my state (South Carolina) first. I looked under my NCEES account. Saw that I passed and then it was later in the day, or maybe the next day that I received the email from South Carolina that I passed. I would check NCEES account. My guess is that there is still a week left to go before results are released though.
I know last time PCS provided the information early for MA.  If you checked your PCS you found out early in the morning then NCEES posted and emailed after lunchtime.  I guess it varies by state.

I was thinking we would be getting our SE results from NCEES tomorrow? Based on previous years, looks like its the Thursday after the grading weekend?

That would mean if we don't get them today, we still got a chance of getting them tomorrow! 

Gleitz you made me spit out my coffee!

More fuel (I have been meaning to make this into an Excel sheet in hopes others would add to it). Note this only pertains to Illinois (where their IL SE board requires handling/distribution after NCEES "grades" it)

...and my fractions are in #/7 to represent the 7 days of the week.

Illinois' testing agency is denoted below as "CTS"

April 2013

0 weekends later = 4/12/13 (Vertical) thru 4/13/13 (Lateral) Exams

0 weekends later = 4/12/13 thru 4/13/13 SE Exam Meeting

8 weekends later = 6/6/13 thru 6/8/13 SE Scoring Workshop (aka SESW)

8 6/7 weeks later = 6/14/13 SE results released to state boards (6/7w after SESW)

5/7 weeks later = 6/20/13 SE results released on CTS (1 5/7w after SESW)

October 2013

0 weekends later = 10/26/13 (Lateral)

1 weekends later = 11/1/13 thru 11/2/13 SE Exam Meeting

6 weekends later = 12/5/13 thru 12/7/13 SESW

7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released to state boards

7 3/7 weeks later = 12/17/13 SE results released on CTS

NA

April 2015

0 weekends later = 4/18/15 (Lateral) Exams

7 weekends later = 6/4/15 thru 6/6/15 SESW

8 2/7 weeks later = 6/15/15 SE results released to state boards (1 1/7w after SESW)

8 4/7 weeks later = 6/17/15 results released on CTS (1 4/7w after SESW)

April 2016 (TBD)

0 weekends later = 4/16/16 (Lateral) Exams

7 weekends later = 6/2/16 thru 6/4/16 SESW

8 2/7 weeks later = Mon 6/13/15? SE results released on CTS? (1 2/7w after SESW?)

8 4/7 weeks later = Wed 6/15/15? SE results released on CTS? (1 4/7w after SESW?)

Back