MARYLAND RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my results and I passed. Extremely (and pleasantly) surprised.

I'm really sorry for those of you who were dismissed because of fit bits. I didn't notice it at the time, but towards the end of the exam my proctor told me they were going to kick me out if I didn't remove my digital watch. At the time I thought he was being ridiculous but after reading about people being dismissed because of the fit bits he was probably just being overly cautious on my behalf. 

Best of luck in October!!

Have you already been approved for October?
I have not... but was planning on finding out from the Board what to do next, next week. 

From what I've heard, typically when you fail - you'll receive in the mail a letter with a TRACK NUMBER that allows you to pay the fee again and register for the test on NCEES opens up registration. I'll have to find out what the procedure is when your test is invalidated. 

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I'd have to think that they'll allow all of us (those dismissed because of fitbits) will be allowed to take it in October. 

I have not... but was planning on finding out from the Board what to do next, next week. 

From what I've heard, typically when you fail - you'll receive in the mail a letter with a TRACK NUMBER that allows you to pay the fee again and register for the test on NCEES opens up registration. I'll have to find out what the procedure is when your test is invalidated. 

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I'd have to think that they'll allow all of us (those dismissed because of fitbits) will be allowed to take it in October. 
I just called DLLR and all those that were dismissed will be allowed to take the exam in October!

Your TRACK NUMBER is the same. We won't get to take it for free.. :)  But for what it's worth, the person that I spoke with was extremely apologetic and told me that NCEES has already told all the state boards that they'll do a better job of highlighting changes to the rules. 

I just called DLLR and all those that were dismissed will be allowed to take the exam in October!

Your TRACK NUMBER is the same. We won't get to take it for free.. :)  But for what it's worth, the person that I spoke with was extremely apologetic and told me that NCEES has already told all the state boards that they'll do a better job of highlighting changes to the rules. 
At y'alls expense? That's bullshit.

So that's how they address this whole fiasco???

Unbelievable.

That's great you can sit in Oct!!!  Sucky on how it got resolved though.  At least you've seen most of a test now and can be better prepared for Oct!

Just to play devil's advocate, if they 'invalidated' your exam, did they also free you from the obligations of the nondisclosure agreement they made you sign?  ;)

Wait... let me get this straight. They kicked people out who wore fitbits? Not even allowing them to remove it and continue the test?

I'd be THOROUGHLY pissed after all that studying.

Wait... let me get this straight. They kicked people out who wore fitbits? Not even allowing them to remove it and continue the test?

Yeah, that's right.

What's worse is that some were kicked out 7 hours into the exam!  That's ridiculous in my opinion.

What's worse is that some were kicked out 7 hours into the exam!  That's ridiculous in my opinion.
I agree.  The worst part is that they won't refund or discount retaking the exam.  The proctors at our location were very clear that even fitbits were banned, so if the ones here didn't specify and didn't bother to check until that far into the exam, I feel like they should bare some of the responsibility for it.

Back