PA RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe PA will get their stuff together and be early this year.

I have faith.....very, very misguided faith....  :winko:

Exciting past two days....although very depressing for us in PA.   I don't have much faith...I'm thinking after Memorial Day. 

Serious question... What the heck is so different about PA that causes this delay?  Its not PCS, as they have other states and they have been released...

Serious question... What the heck is so different about PA that causes this delay?  Its not PCS, as they have other states and they have been released...
PA sucks.

So my understanding of some of the justification is this.....

In most states, once you are notified that you have passed the exam, you then have to make an application for your actual licensure.

From what I've heard from folks you have taken the PE in PA the last few cycles, by the time that you are notified that you passed the exam, you already have an active PA license, so basically they wait to release the results until they have already processed licenses for everyone who passed.

So even though we have to wait longer for our results, in the grand scheme of things there isn't an overall delay in time to licensure.

Of course, this is of little comfort when you just want to know whether or not you passed...   :brickwall:

So my understanding of some of the justification is this.....

In most states, once you are notified that you have passed the exam, you then have to make an application for your actual licensure.

From what I've heard from folks you have taken the PE in PA the last few cycles, by the time that you are notified that you passed the exam, you already have an active PA license, so basically they wait to release the results until they have already processed licenses for everyone who passed.

So even though we have to wait longer for our results, in the grand scheme of things there isn't an overall delay in time to licensure.

Of course, this is of little comfort when you just want to know whether or not you passed...   :brickwall:
Not sure I buy it...

Texas front loads everything too. Why different? I had my results yesterday and had my license number at 5am this morning whenever the system updated.

From what I can gather from a couple of test cycles regarding PA and PCS:

1) PA has to wait for PCS

2) PCS has to wait for PA

3) See number 1.

Mine still works.   That happened to me yesterday, it jammed up.  I had to close IE and reopen.

Hmm, I can still get on by my phone and desktop (IE).   

This kind of stuff always happens on a late Friday afternoon...

Back