EET review classes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CbaArg

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the classes offered by EET are good?

The price looks fair, it has 45 hs of instruction (with 4 hs of exam simulation).

Thanks

The price looks fair, it has 45 hs of instruction (with 4 hs of exam simulation).

Thanks
CbaArg, Yes they are great!  I had a very good experience with EET.  You can read about success stories;  I took the Breadth and Depth (WRE/Env).  I had passed the NCEES exam last October because of the hard work I put in with EET.  It was my third attempt at the exam, but EET helped me focus my studies, and they provide you so many practice problems, practice tests, and simulated tests.  The material they provide is streamlined to help you prepare the best for the exam.  I hope this helps!  

nkalenze, I've just bought the on-demand option, I feel better now, but the hard work will follow.

I'm planning to listen the videos in the car and everywhere I go. Hopefully works in the phone.

Thanks and congratulations for your PE licence!

Awesome!  You are one step ahead by enrolling with EET!  When you get your binders, they will be tabbed up and organized for you.  I am excited for you and wish you nothing but the best for your studies!  

Thanks
I also bought the on-demand option before I took the April Exam. This was my third time taking the exam, but I feel that the materials and classes provided by EET totally helped this time around. Hopefully the class paid off and my results are favorable. I took the construction depth and felt like the two binders EET provides you with were sufficient for atleast 80% of the exam. My advice is to be consistent with the class and don't let classes pile up. Try and follow the live class schedule as best as you can. FYI they use adobe connect for the classes so it didn't work on my iphone.

Awesome!  You are one step ahead by enrolling with EET!  When you get your binders, they will be tabbed up and organized for you.  I am excited for you and wish you nothing but the best for your studies!  
Thank you very much!

I also bought the on-demand option before I took the April Exam. This was my third time taking the exam, but I feel that the materials and classes provided by EET totally helped this time around. Hopefully the class paid off and my results are favorable. I took the construction depth and felt like the two binders EET provides you with were sufficient for atleast 80% of the exam. My advice is to be consistent with the class and don't let classes pile up. Try and follow the live class schedule as best as you can. FYI they use adobe connect for the classes so it didn't work on my iphone.
Yes, I've just tried in my Iphone and didn't work because Adobe Flash player doesn't work with Iphone, anyways, desktop or laptop is Ok. 

EET is by far the best out there! Samir and the rest of instructors are dedicated to you throughout the course. If you work outside of EET and do the course you should have no problem passing. I almost believe they write some of the test questions.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have taken their live webinar for October 2015 depth wre and breadth and passed the 8 hour on my first try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am curious if anyone has had experience with the Structural Depth review course with EET. I know people talk a lot about how great the water resources depth course was but since the Structural depth review through EET has only been around for what looks like the last two exams I was hoping for some input from those that had attended the course.

I am curious if anyone has had experience with the Structural Depth review course with EET. I know people talk a lot about how great the water resources depth course was but since the Structural depth review through EET has only been around for what looks like the last two exams I was hoping for some input from those that had attended the course.
I took the EET Structural Depth. It was their first time offering the course. The binder was given a few weeks before the depth class started. More notes were given as the course continued. The instructors in the depth were caring but there were too many of them and there teaching styles and notes differ greatly.

I took two EET courses and my experience with the EET Structural Depth Class was opposites of the EET Breadth Class. The EET Breadth Class was great. 

I know this was the first time the class was offered but it was disorganized. Some of the material was not even on the exam, we covered a few topics for an entire lecture and not one question was on the exam for those topics. The homework solutions were always posted late. A major issue was the lecture schedule, I did not like how the lecture topic on Sunday did not continue to the next lecture on Wednesday. Example Sunday had Concrete, Wednesday was Wood, and Sunday finished Concrete. This made it more difficult to learn the topics. I see EET has fixed this with a new schedule.

The simulated depth exam was not similar to the exam. 

I know a lot of people have posted great things about EET, but my experience was very disappointing for the Structural Depth. I hope it was due to the class being offered for the first time. I like the instructors and apperciated their quick responses and countless hours of support after the lectures, but the class did not cover the topics covered in the depth exam. 

Nightwing, thank you for your helpful feedback. Could you please elaborate on the following questions?

1. When did you take the EET Structural Depth Review Courses?

2. When did you take the PE Exam?

3. What percentage of material/concept covered during the review have you come across on the actual structural depth exam? 30%, 40%?

4. How long were the EET Review Sessions for Structural Depth?

5. How does EET structural depth review stack up against other providers such as school of PE, PPI, ....?

6. Were the EET Courses too comprehensive?

Nightwing, thank you for your helpful feedback. Could you please elaborate on the following questions?

1. When did you take the EET Structural Depth Review Courses?

2. When did you take the PE Exam?

3. What percentage of material/concept covered during the review have you come across on the actual structural depth exam? 30%, 40%?

4. How long were the EET Review Sessions for Structural Depth?

5. How does EET structural depth review stack up against other providers such as school of PE, PPI, ....?

6. Were the EET Courses too comprehensive?
I took the EET Structural Depth Review Course in January 2016. This was the first time it was given. I just took the exam in April 2016. I think the course covered about 70% of the material on the exam.

The course provides about 50 hours for the depth. I never took a review course for any other depth.

The Breadth Course is good. Many people have said the Seismic Course is the best.  I like the instructors but the course did not provide help. The homework was not like the exam. The focus on some topics was not good since they never were on the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you again for answering my questions. I am just trying to gauge whether I should take the EET structural depth course or not. So far, I have not heard of any other review course with such exhaustive contents and intensive training. 

After your experience, would you recommend these courses to anyone? I can't help thinking that these courses are valuable especially since you indicated 70% of the exam content was covered by the EET Structural Depth Courses.

Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Do they send Binders for the depth courses?  I am planning to enroll.

EET Structural Depth participant here!  I took the On-Demand Course and spent my weekends watching the sessions and solving the sample problems.  Overall, I used the binder for about 80-85% of the questions on the structural depth.  The remaining questions were either conceptual or code look ups.  I would highly recommend EET's classes to anyone.

Thanks
I posted it in other threads, but I am a huge fan of EET.  I did not take their PE Breadth review, but their Seismic and Structural are must-haves. For more verification, I keep their information in my library for work and I will definitely be using them for the SE!  

It's not so much what you know as a structural engineer, but learning what to focus on for the exam.

Back