Sales Reps, please don't do this

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
The following is an email I received this morning from a sales rep.  Now, I am not a grammar nazi, but I prefer my professional email correspondence to be generally coherent, not something that looks like a 6th grader texted it.

Good Morning my name is **redacted** and i am the new sales rep for eastren ct for our company specialized in landscape and snow removal equipment I'd love to come down and have a face-to-face with you maybe bring you some literature on some of the equipment we offer. My cell is **redacted** or email works great to thanks for your time  

4a8e672bc3b92764a6f4a954f191aa61.jpg

Sometimes I cut them slack, because I figure they are good at landscaping, but not writing, but other times I think, "You're a business person, so you need to be able to form full sentences." 

Of course, this applies to a whole lot of engineers. 

Punctuation is overrated anyways. Perhaps (s)he has a pay-as-you-go twitter account and is used to paying per character, so gotta keep it short.

i dont no what the problem is looks good too me
EDIT: plus, why would the rep type redacted for any of his/her contact info? How do they expect you to contact the?
The person who posted redacted the sales rep's info when he posted it here. Not the rep.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

i dont no what the problem is looks good too me  EDIT: plus, why would the rep type redacted for any of his/her contact info? How do they expect you to contact the?
The person who posted redacted the sales rep's info when he posted it here. Not the rep.Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk
I know. It was a joke. Buzz kill.

But! But! But!

You'd be surprised how many of those questions are on here. No they're not always joking. It's my duty to dispense some knowledge for those poor souls!

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised how many of those questions are on here.
You won't find that kind of stuff on this site.

Edit:

We smart people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back