APR 2016 Environmental PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelry09

Reaction score
I know there aren't as many environmental engineers as compared to some of the other groups on here but I wanted to see how others who took the April 2016 Environmental PE Exam felt afterwards? I felt confident after the morning session but the afternoon session was not what I expected nor was it like the NCEES practice exam or what was hammered into my head during my School of PE review classes (so much focus on ideal gas law but hardly used on the exam).

I had a friend take (and pass) the October 2015 PE Env exam. She said the key to her success was keeping the units consistent through conversions. She studied a good amount, but left the exam thinking she failed and was unprepared. She said there were a bunch a topics/theories on the exam that she did not study for. Apparently she did ok.

I am planning on taking the October Environmental exam. I plan on taking the School of PE but I am also considering the PPI course.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I have taken the October 2015 exam and passed the 8-hr. I had taken my course from EET. Been out of school for over 10 years, so the course helped very much.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I found the School of PE course to be very helpful in getting you in the mode of studying and very helpful when compiling my own equations notebook. They had equations that were in the EERM as well as other pulled from various resources so having them all in one notebook was nice. I also went through and index my notes and equations sheets calling out keywords/variables so I didn't waste time fumbling through the notes. It also helped when I got stuck since it at least gave me a shot at finding something that might work based on what was asked for in the problems.

The hardest thing to prepare for has to be the qualitative questions since they can pull those from so many different areas. I didn't bring in a dictionary which cost me one question as the last question on the exam basically just asked for a definition and either you knew it or you didn't.

I had taken the October 2015 PE exam and cleared it . I had given my thoughts on how to approach the exam  in both AM and PM sessions.

My 2 cents about qualitative questions is that do not think about finding the answers straight from any references(you maybe lucky with 1 or 2). You will loose a lot of time searching books that you haven't read well.  These questions are mostly answered based on  working in the industries and it may not be possible to carry all reference materials.

Cheers

RSS

I know there aren't as many environmental engineers as compared to some of the other groups on here but I wanted to see how others who took the April 2016 Environmental PE Exam felt afterwards? I felt confident after the morning session but the afternoon session was not what I expected nor was it like the NCEES practice exam or what was hammered into my head during my School of PE review classes (so much focus on ideal gas law but hardly used on the exam).
Yeah, the test was heavy on mass flow type questions, and very light on IDGL and especially light on hydraulics/pipe flow. That ended up being perfect for me, but man is it all a roll of the dice; study everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back