PE Comity - Virginia Borad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarvinsir

Reaction score
Hi All,

I passed my PE from WA board in October 2015 and recently applied for PE in VA via comity. VA DPOR is asking me that I should take some 5 additonal credit hours in general education. I have PhD from outside US so had to go through credential evaluation. WA board was generous, and approved me for the PE exam with my 10 years of post PhD experience in US (under PE supervision) but it seems VA DPOR has harder regulations. Any idea or thoughts on such credit hours?

Thank you

That kinda sucks. My comment would be to call the board directly and see what they have to say.

Usually the state boards default to what your bachelors degree was (credit hours, number and type of classes, etc).

Was the BS degree from a U.S. college?

I called NCEES. Than I thought it is better to take some online courses in general education and complete 5 credit hours.

I find it little difficult to digest when VA board told em to take FE exam after passing PE Environmental.

Overall learned a lot from this exercise.

Thanks.

Back