Apr 2016 Chemical PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chemical@PE

Reaction score
Hi All, 

I just took my first PE chemical exam and thought that the afternoon session was difficult. I think I am only confident about 50 or so questions. Any one with similar experience? How does NCEES come up with cut score?

How does NCEES come up with cut score?
18.gif

I heard from somebody that actually works there but they do this by tarot cards.  Just hope the 10 of swords does not come up this cycle. 

Hi All, 

I just took my first PE chemical exam and thought that the afternoon session was difficult. I think I am only confident about 50 or so questions. Any one with similar experience? How does NCEES come up with cut score?

This was my first time taking the PE. I am a Bioengineer forced to take the Chemical because I worked in the Medical Device field (no ag experience....). I felt the Morning was really easy if you're good at thermo/heat+mass transfer, probably only got 5-7 wrong.

Afternoon agreeably was more difficult, but I got lucky guessing a few times.  On the bright side the hardest questions were related to concepts that weren't really covered in the CERM, I think that everyone didn't know these questions unless you were in industry or got lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
With respec

Hi All, 

With respect to cut-off score. I think that it is approximately 70% - but nobody knows.

Back