Spring 2016 Construction. How'd it go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrm81

Reaction score
For those who took the construction depth this spring, how do you think it went?  I thought the morning was fairly easy, the afternoon...brutal.  

I felt confident after the morning thinking I was in good shape, but 4 hours later I felt like Jared Fogle probably feels after his first few months in prison.  When the guy next to you is taking WRE this time because he failed construction the last time, and the guy behind you is taking the exam for the 3rd time because he failed construction twice...and the guy sitting next to your buddy is taking the exam for the second time because he failed construction the last time...you kind of lose confidence that you'll pass.  

yea the PM was brutal. Felt like half the questions were about estimating! They were doable but required a lot of thinking. This time around they also focused a lot more on the references. Nothing too crazy and i think i got most of those right. Its a toss up really. As past averages suggest, im feeling 50/50

I also feel the same about the construction depth.  The morning went pretty smooth and I finished in 2.5 hours and was able to check all of my answers.  The afternoon was difficult and I was amazed by the type of questions that were asked.  A few of the equipment and economics problems had be absolutely stumped even though I studied those areas the most. I am hoping that I did well enough in the morning to cancel out some of my afternoon issues but we will see in a couple months!

@jrm81 I guess I am not the only one who feels the afternoon is brutal now  :huh:  after finishing (skipping) the first 15 questions of the afternoon session I felt my confidence level dropped 80% from the morning.

I think the questions which require to reference codes are acutually more doable... 

Well, I am feeling 50/50 also 

After two failed attempts, the third was the charm. Passed in Hawaii thanks in large part to EET web on-demand course. Couldn't have done it without them.

Hi, I am new here in this forum.  I took the Construction portion in CA and failed.  What was you % performance in the afternoon?

Hi, I am new here in this forum.  I took the Construction portion in CA and failed.  What was you % performance in the afternoon?
As far as I've seen, only one state, Texas releases pass results to the examinees. Keep your head up and keep trying. You should really look into the EET review course. For me this was my saving grace this last go around. It is a lot of money up front, but in the end it will pay for itself, assuming it helps you pass. 

Hi, I am ready to start preparing the test for fall 2016.  If anybody is selling the latest references, I'd be interested.

Pass Rate for April 2016:

779 First Timers, 62% pass rate
This is the first time I've ever seen the Civil Construction pass rate above 60%.  Since last fall it sounds like the pendulum in the afternoon swung from easy to hard, while in the morning it swung in the opposite direction.  NCEES does a good job of keeping the overall difficulty of the test balanced, it seems, which is impressive given all of the variables being juggled.  They have to avoid repeating topics between a common morning exam and separate depth exams while targeting, in aggregation, a common passing score of ~70% for all test takers.  I can see why they spend so much money developing the questions and guard them so fiercely.

Back