My Positive NY PE experience using NCEES Transfer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freei

PE
Reaction score
I transferred my PE to NY PE using NCEES. The process was slow, but smooth. I was not asked for the experience form 4A.

I think that I need to share my positive experience with others. NCEES do help you in the PE transfer process even in the most stringent stage-NY state. 

The key is that you have to describe your experience fully and carefully in your NCEES record. I wrote one page for each job. I even included the equations.

Did you receive your NY PE? How long? I applied the NY PE with NCEES records and was asked to provide Form 4A 2 months after submitting application. I am still waiting for my NY PE comity and it's more than 6 months and haven't received that. NYS........really?

How do you go about it this way? I will be looking to transfer to NYS soon as well.

I didn't receive it yet. But it has been approved, and in the process of generating the numbers. It takes 3 months for me. The keys are:

1. Provide very detailed experience in your NCEES experience form

2. Keep an eye by calling or emailing them every 2 to 3 weeks. 

Good luck, everyone!. 

I didn't receive it yet. But it has been approved, and in the process of generating the numbers. It takes 3 months for me. The keys are:

1. Provide very detailed experience in your NCEES experience form

2. Keep an eye by calling or emailing them every 2 to 3 weeks. 

Good luck, everyone!. 
How do you find out you were approved? I couldn't find any where to check my status. Thanks.

I am finally registered today on April 20th. So exactly Three months!

I am always checking the status using email, you can call as well. They answer the calls and reply emails quickly.

I am finally registered today on April 20th. So exactly Three months!

I am always checking the status using email, you can call as well. They answer the calls and reply emails quickly.
Thanks. I finally got my status after sending an email to the PE board. Mine was approved on 4/6 and is waiting for the documents to be sent out. It took me more than 6 months with NCEES records. Wow........

I will be using this process once NCEES launches their updated records system June 20th. Supposedly it will be faster than in the past, hopefully this is the case.

Back