Good Exam Day Breakfast and Lunch food?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulls2030

Reaction score
So with the PE exam approaching this Friday, I was wondering to get some advice for breakfast and lunch. 

I am one of those people that tend to start getting sleepy after lunch, so what would be some good items to pack for lunch that wouldn't make me sleepy? (FYI, I am vegetarian :p)

3 bean burritos and 3 triple shot espressos. That'll keep you going.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

For breakfast, I ate pancakes with tons of powered sugar and syrup after being on a diet.  Thought I was going to throw up all morning.  Dont recommend it. Still passed though.

For lunch, I had a sub in my truck inside a cooler with a diet coke. That went much better. Most people in my exam left to grab a quick lunch but i chilled and relaxed while eating my sub. I do recommend that approach.

Bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Had a large bottle of orange juice that I and several granola/Clif bars I snacked on all day.

For lunch, I packed a sandwich, apple juice, bag of chips and some carrot sticks.  Just chilled in the car for the hour or so instead of driving off to find something (nothing really worthwhile nearby).

I'm going to go to my local deli the day before and buy a sausage egg and cheese for breakfast and a chicken cutlet on a roll for lunch, along with two seltzer waters and a banana & protein bar. Also are you guys still studying from now until the exam? I feel like it would be a good idea to take a few days off to relax my brain.

I ate a banana and drank coffee for breakfast. I packed my standard lunch in a cooler (sandwich, fruit, carrots, yogurt, and some crackers). I also packed a drink (like a diet cola or juice). Bottom line: I didn't stray from my normal routine. Make sure you have your bathroom schedule down. I recommend staying away from excessive amounts of dairy.

Also are you guys still studying from now until the exam? I feel like it would be a good idea to take a few days off to relax my brain.
I used the last week as a "referesher" to go through my notes and make sure I had all of my materials lined up. I also took the day off before the exam and test drove cars all day. The fun ones I had no intention of buying. And made sure the salesman was white-knucked the whole time. It was awesome.

I used the last week as a "referesher" to go through my notes and make sure I had all of my materials lined up. I also took the day off before the exam and test drove cars all day. The fun ones I had no intention of buying. And made sure the salesman was white-knucked the whole time. It was awesome.
You must have been thinking "if this test driving doesn't kill me, the test will"

I will eat cheese eggs and peanut butter toast for breakfast with an orange and a sandwich for lunch. I have trailmix and a bag of my favorite Easter candy for snacking during the exam.

I'm taking the EE Power. This week I am taking it easy reading up on theory since I'm scared of the analytical questions. Also will be working through the NCEES sample exam one last time.

mN0g72QJlIvYNghOy2HWUsA.jpg

Back