April 2016 PE Geotechnical Standards

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bml

Reaction score
Taking Geotech PM next Friday. Did anyone bring ASCE 7 or OSHA 29 CFR to the test? They are several hundred pages (which I'd rather not print or lug around), especially since the standards were included in the NCEES practice exam. I'm trying to keep reference materials to a minimum, looking for a sanity check on my referenced materials below. Please comment if you will. I was able to do nearly all the 6-min problems with the CERM (minus earthquake engineering).

CERM, 14th ed

Foundation Design, Coduto

Soil Mechanics and Foundations, McCarthy

Just ordered Geotechnical Engineer's Portable Handbook for concept questions

Much appreciated

Brent

I have the handbook and I really like it. It's a lot of useful information in one book. 

I recommend bringing ASCE 7 and OSHA. Those are going to be easy lookup questions. Just leave them on the floor until you need them. You don't want to regret it later.

As for the other books you mentioned, I'm not using any of those. I'm taking the exam in October though. 

Handbook immediately helped me on a few problems. Not a fan of the small/thick size combo, but good to have.

Thanks for the input. Good luck in Oct.

Back