PE for Delaware

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbirkinbine

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that Delaware requires just to have your FE AND four years of experience after graduation. As opposed to PA requiring you get your FE and then work for 4 years before you can sit for the test?

Also I'd love to hear from the construction engineers and what they used as verifiable experience.

Thanks all!!

This is the reason why everyone from PA takes the PE in DE.

Hello all; wondering what the Delaware Board means by a different experience requirement (8 years) for candidates with non-ABET degree. Has anyone here been asked to complete 8 years of experience?

Experience: Graduates from an ABET-accredited engineering curriculum are required to have four (4) years of acceptable, verifiable engineering experience. All other graduates (non-ABET accredited engineering, engineering technology, or science-related to engineering programs) are required to have eight (8) years of acceptable, verifiable engineering experience.

It's pretty self-explanatory.

If you have an ABET accredited engineering degree then you need four years of verifiable engineering experience before gaining licensure.

If you do not have an ABET accredited engineering degree then you need eight years.

Lots of States have requirements similar to this. I don't personally know anyone from Delaware who needed to meet the extra experience requirement, but I've met plenty of people from other States who needed to wait and get a bit more experience before licensure because they didn't have the required undergrad degree.

Back