Any last minute advice??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask yourself ....

"What do I have? What do I need?"

Then find the right equation.

Sorry to hear that Jerimy. I am also Civil Engineer and i failed, my score was 60%, after reading few topics i think we are close, it seems if we can get 5+ more questions right we would be fine, but we do need to get over the hump. My issue was that i had 15 problems left and only 5 minutes to finish the test, so i had 15 B's, since i didnt have time to work these problems that i skipped in the first place. Dont give up, i am studying again and hopefully the studying will be reworded in May. What material did you use to study. I was asking about " FE Civil Practice Problems by Lindeburg " is this the book you were referring to earlier, or just regular Lindeburg book?

I did not sign up yet, but i am thinking about it, since the material i have been reviewing during the past few month is still fresh.

Can you give me the link for  free Georgia Institute of Tech FE prep material, i wasnt able to find it.

How do you think this material had helped you, how did you do on the topics that are covered by Georgia Tech Free Review. I used some of the material that is on youtube but its not as up to date as the material you have shared with me.

Sign up for a review course. You can do it....my degree is in Geography and I passed the thing!

Looking at that diagnostic, I'm fairly certain you have no idea what you should be studying. A review course will help you focus on the topics you need to concentrate on, and not waster time on areas that don't have a high probability of appearing on the exam.

If you're studying the Lindeburgh book you'd not focused in on the real exam-style questions. The 1001 FE Problems book is a good one, as is the Non-Quantitative Problems book. But really dude, a review course will help you a lot.

Do they still do the tricky unit confusion bullshit?

I would defin do a test prep class.

Only strategy i can think of is to look at the ones that you did best on that were left of the"mark".

Whats odd is you did better in harder subjects and worse on easier ones like statics...

I would recommend hitting the am section very hard and not so much the afternoon. Most test prep people teach the strategy (on the PE) to nail the am and then go for half the PM section and you will pass...

Keep on keeping on!

School of PE is really the best option for this.

Don't waste your money on those individual subject classes. Calculus?? You have about a 90% chance that the 1-2 calc problems you see are table lookups, again, see my point about you not knowing what to study.

EET is excellent for the PE, they just started an FE Review not too long ago. If that is half as good as their PE review you'll be good.

Back