California(CA) Application April 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syy0asis

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I send all application document (incl finger printing) to the CA board and got first postcard in Oct 7, 2015.

However, I am still waiting for the second letter or email notification from the board until now. A couple days ago, I sent a email to license evaluator and he replied my application is on technical evaluation.

Anyway, it's long process.

Anybody got noti from the board?

I applied for the PE civil exam in Apr, 2016

Usually threads need to be moved into, not out of the Prep/Material subforum. 

Just wait patiently.  It is not an immediate process.  If you received your post card, then you know they received your application and are working on it.  Operate as if you will be sitting for the April Exam. 

Has anyone gotten 'acceptance' for the 2016 pe exam in california yet?

When I signed up for the October 2015 exam, I didn't receive confirmation from CA until about the end of July. So you'll probably get it within the next month. 

I got my approval July 13 for Oct 30, 2015 exam -109 days prior to exam day.

An equivalent approval date for April 15, 2016 would be December 28, 2015.

That being said, I expect the approval cycles are different for April and October due to the holidays affecting the April approvals.

Still, it seems like it's getting late.

Thank you for kind replies. I already paid NCEES exam fee. everytime log-in, "pending board approval".

NCEES register will be closed in Feb 18. I think I should cancel the application if I cannot the approval from CA board until  Feb16~17.

I submitted my application in October 2015 and got approval letter yesterday to take the Seismic and Surveying exam in April 2016. I have zero experience and freaking out what to do now, which books, webinars to buy, how to study? Any help, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I submitted my application in October 2015 and got approval letter yesterday to take the Seismic and Surveying exam in April 2016. I have zero experience and freaking out what to do now, which books, webinars to buy, how to study? Any help, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
We only help those who help themselves.  :p  Seriously, I don't mean to sound mean but please do as much research on your own as you can, and then ask us specific questions. 

I was told that my application is still on technical evaluation. Congratulation and thanks for sharing. 

I was told that my application is still on technical evaluation. Congratulation and thanks for sharing. 
I did not get the second postcard either I was told the same thing. All my emails and phone calls were ignored by them. They do not even pickup the phone for status inquiries. I registered 2 days ago to be safe. I am just surprised if something was wrong with the application why they did not let me know before the deadline. I am hoping they would process it by next month. 

I was lucky that the person assigned to my name answered all my emails ASAP. I didn't call them. 

Mr. Ptatohed, do you recommend Hiner or somebody else for purchasing webinars for Siesmic?

I sent my application for April 16, in September and got my approval in January. My reviewer was also very responsive and replied all my emails.

did anybody receive the exam authorization from NCEES?
ncees website says, "NCEES will email instructions on downloading and printing exam authorization notices 2–3 weeks before the national exam dates." Three weeks from the exam is this Friday and that's a holiday for most places, right? So probably not until next week at the earliest.

Back