NJ Paperwork from Boards

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my activation form today. Plan to send it via priority on Monday... Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my #. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my activation form today. Plan to send it via priority on Monday... Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my #. 
Sending it priority and calling to follow-up once you know it was signed for by them, I'd venture a guess of middle to end of January.

Glad to hear someone already received their paperwork. I figure if it doesn't arrive soon, I could just drive down there and pick it up in person since I have days I need to take off. 

My fingers are crossed there isn't a snafu and the paperwork arrives soon.

Unrelated, but I recently had a issue with NJ and my inspector paperwork. Took 5 attempts and 4 months to get my license renewed. The person I dealt with was adamant and claimed to have written the address on the envelopes perfect. So each envelope that was labelled return to sender was simply stuffed into another envelope and mailed back out. I got fed up and had them send it to my workplace. The address number was transposed on 4 envelopes, all had the same error.

Glad to hear someone already received their paperwork. I figure if it doesn't arrive soon, I could just drive down there and pick it up in person since I have days I need to take off. My fingers are crossed there isn't a snafu and the paperwork arrives soon.

Unrelated, but I recently had a issue with NJ and my inspector paperwork. Took 5 attempts and 4 months to get my license renewed. The person I dealt with was adamant and claimed to have written the address on the envelopes perfect. So each envelope that was labelled return to sender was simply stuffed into another envelope and mailed back out. I got fed up and had them send it to my workplace. The address number was transposed on 4 envelopes, all had the same error.
:facepalm:

Paperwork was sent to the board this morning via Certified Mail. Now the wait begins. Will update when the delivery is confirmed. 

Called after seeing a update in my profile and found out the mailing date is related to the "passed the PE" date on the online licensing website. After almost 2 weeks for a envelope to go 10 miles, odds are it's lost somewhere. So, I ended up having paperwork faxed to me.

Filled everything out and made it to the post office right before close. Certified with return receipt. 

Now to play the waiting game. 

Advice: Check the online license service website for status and save a phone call if needed. If you don't have a login click the "person" option next to "forgot password" and enter your information. 

I called today and they said all of my information is in order; however, they are unsure if the paperwork was mailed to me (but it should have been!).  I was told they are inundated with applicants for April and the staff is burning vacation days.  Someone is supposed to check on it and call me back.   

I wonder if you can just go to their office and fill out the form/write the check. If there is any problem getting my license # in the next few weeks I will just take a trip over to Newark to settle it in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paperwork was delivered on New Years Eve.

Checked the online licensing site. It has my profile updated to show the law exam passed. Only field still blank is the 'initial license/permit/cert fee' field.

My license form and check was delivered on 31 Dec. Waiting for the license # to be issued. 

When was the NJ license verification site updated? Before or after you got the letter with your license #?

My license form and check was delivered on 31 Dec. Waiting for the license # to be issued. 

When was the NJ license verification site updated? Before or after you got the letter with your license #?
I don't have my number(yet) but, the wait is almost over. To pass time I've been checking this site (https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx) since it has more info than the license verification website. I guess it updates whenever something for your application is logged into their system. It's been a great tool tracking application progress and being able to see (slow) movement.  Not sure when the license verification site is updated. 

The checklist looks something like this -> View attachment 7319It's not mine but, an older one floating around the forums. My print screen key is probably broken (lol).

Paperwork was delivered on New Years Eve.

Checked the online licensing site. It has my profile updated to show the law exam passed. Only field still blank is the 'initial license/permit/cert fee' field.
Sigh.  Of course they never returned my call.  Mine also only has the "initial license/permit/cert fee" field blank, but no paperwork as of yet...

Just got home after a long day and checked. License number is up.

Sigh.  Of course they never returned my call.  Mine also only has the "initial license/permit/cert fee" field blank, but no paperwork as of yet...
Call them and follow up. I ended up having my activation paperwork faxed. 

I had to do the law exam (took the FE in a different state).  That is the only thing that is still unchecked for me.  Anyone else take the law exam and have it go through yet?

Back