NASA Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spend 2 full years working as an engineer at the South Pole, and if I get my results and Pass, I may just try to get to the only place more remote than my previous job. Sounds fun. 

ee1b9735243affec027885dd00b85a0e.jpg

What were you doing down south?!
I was facilities engineer for amundsen scott south pole station, basically HVAC/Mechanical/Controls stuff, also power plant and water plant was sort of under my reign. First year there I was sort of an operator/mechanic/engineer so that wasn't too much of a stretch. Second year I was the station engineer (facilities engineer). I did a few shorter contracts that were just the summer, starting a new job (hopefully) in the next few weeks as a controls engineer for the antarctic program. 

They used to let monkeys into space. I figure some of us must has a chance.

I was facilities engineer for amundsen scott south pole station, basically HVAC/Mechanical/Controls stuff, also power plant and water plant was sort of under my reign. First year there I was sort of an operator/mechanic/engineer so that wasn't too much of a stretch. Second year I was the station engineer (facilities engineer). I did a few shorter contracts that were just the summer, starting a new job (hopefully) in the next few weeks as a controls engineer for the antarctic program. 
You werent in that documentary on netflix, were you???  Pretty cool, but had to be mentally challenging with the daylight thing and lack of people.

Back