Audi driver, P.E.

For those discovering they didn't pass...

162 posts in this topic

There is still hope! Don't give up.

70 % am 47% pm geotech :(

Sorry Ranger, that's really rough. I failed the April civil/structural exam pretty dismally and spent my time studying for October focusing specifically on the areas I was weakest. Your studying for this exam isn't in vain - give yourself a break for the holidays and then get back at it. 

3 minutes ago, Ranger88 said:

70 % am 47% pm geotech :(

Keep at it Ranger, that's a good AM score.  Little shift to your study strategy and I bet you'll get on track.

1 person likes this

will do, thanks guys.

On the bright side, you can narrow your focus on to what you didn't do well on.  Plus, you now have the experience of what the test environment will be like.  Those are two strikes against any first time taker.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Keep at it and you'll get it the next time!

I failed the first try also, go out and get drunk, get pissed off for a few days, sulk, then get over it and get back into the studying! It does suck but not the end of the world!!!!!

Also the next test will be just different enough to throw you off if you only study what was on the previous one, so refine areas you didn't do well in and also refresh area that you did well..

5 people like this

I remember how devastated I was when I didn't pass the patent bar the first time.  Second time I passed, I did so as a result of a much more disciplined study routine.  I think that experience helped me prep for this exam.

1 person likes this

I failed 1st time taking but very optimistic about passing 2nd go around. Scored 63% on morning and 55% afternoon (Civil WRE), only spent about 120-140 hours total prep time over 3 months.

1 hour ago, hjg7715 said:

I failed 1st time taking but very optimistic about passing 2nd go around. Scored 63% on morning and 55% afternoon (Civil WRE), only spent about 120-140 hours total prep time over 3 months.

I got 47/80 as well on geotech.  we got this. Next time is ours. Sucks hard. real hard. I put probably 300 + but its going to be bittersweet when I pass this. I will kill this exam.  I'm happy for those who passed.  We should identify if anyone who had above a 47 who did not pass.  48/80 = 60%.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ranger88 said:

I got 47/80 as well on geotech.  we got this. Next time is ours. Sucks hard. real hard. I put probably 300 + but its going to be bittersweet when I pass this. I will kill this exam.  I'm happy for those who passed.  We should identify if anyone who had above a 47 who did not pass.  48/80 = 60%.

I saw some one posted 52 still did make the cut. I believe the passing score is somewhere near 70%, which is a C grade. If you recall C is a passing grade for engineering students in college. So, at least 55 answers should be correct. I took geotechnical and passed. Frankly speaking, Lindberg's CRM is not a good reference materials for geotechnical. It does not have many topics like piles, seismic analysis and soil exploration. 

37 minutes ago, Sooner100 said:

I saw some one posted 52 still did make the cut. I believe the passing score is somewhere near 70%, which is a C grade. If you recall C is a passing grade for engineering students in college. So, at least 55 answers should be correct. I took geotechnical and passed. Frankly speaking, Lindberg's CRM is not a good reference materials for geotechnical. It does not have many topics like piles, seismic analysis and soil exploration. 

We still waiting the result in MI. Since u already passed and got the result. I would like to check this with u.  This what I can see when I click in register button, are u getting same? are u still allowed to register for PE, I mean the registration button is "Available"

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, Jay234 said:

Capture.JPG

Don't worry dude mine said same thing and I passed. Some states require people to take multiple diciplines of you want to stamp things in other diciplines.

8 minutes ago, Jay234 said:

We still waiting the result in MI. Since u already passed and got the result. I would like to check this with u.  This what I can see when I click in register button, are u getting same? are u still allowed to register for PE, I mean the registration button is "Available"

Capture.JPG

My screen is similar to your yours. But, my PE option is red with a message already passed. There are four exams available for me register that include SE and PS. 

2 minutes ago, Cleveland Pe said:

Thanks a lot. I was too worry about.

So you got the result and passed and still getting same what I see.

Yes sir. I passed and it still shows available for the PE

Let me clarify, I passed and up to the point my results were released it showed "available". Once results are released status will change. Sorry for the confusion.

I checked just minutes prior to results being released and it was still "available". Now it looks like this:

Screenshot_2015-12-12-00-47-18.png

Let me clarify, I passed and up to the point my results were released it showed "available". Once results are released status will change. Sorry for the confusion.

I checked just minutes prior to results being released and it was still "available". Now it looks like this:

Screenshot_2015-12-12-00-47-18.png

Thanks a lot.

I have mixed feelings about failing Oct 2015 exam. I felt good right after the exam, even finished PM early. On my way home I was thinking about some of these questions, and didn't feel as confident as I was in the exam room... more time was passing by more questions I wasn't sure about.

I did study, but not a lot to be honest. I took School of PE prep classes and relay of it. Notes helped me, but it didn't cover everything. Few questions on the exam were not even mentioned in School of PE classes or notes at all.

How did you guys know how well you did in AM and PM? I have diagnostic page with 18 areas, so my overall score is 63% (53/80). Few areas are 100%.

Well, I wish I could say I am done, but I am not. Will be studying harder this time. And will be adding more tabs to my notes and material for easier navigation.

Worst part now is to tell family, friends and coworkers... def not the news I want to share right before holidays. Sad :(

I see you're civil... what was your area of focus for PM?

If I had failed, I'd be getting Goswami's text to study off of for the next time. I think working the 6 minute solutions was my biggest help. The ones that were most difficult for me I did over and over until I thoroughly understood the concept.

This is my second failure.  For some reason this one was easier to swallow than the first.  The good news is I improved 7 points overall.  I prepared really well for the Geotech afternoon which was my weak area the first time.  Like others, I found the Oct 15 morning more difficult which hurt.  If you had taken my morning from April and my afternoon from October then I would be on a different forum, but that's not the way the cookie crumbles.

In the end, all you can do is press on.

I just wanted to say I know it's tough seeing that red fail sign looking back at you. I took the civil construction exam three times before I passed and every time I saw that on my screen it crushed me. For a week or two I was mopy depressed mess then I shook off the dust and tried to figure out where to start and what I needed to change to better my odds.  Just know that sometimes its not the success that defines you its the troubles had you while you were getting there. This exam is not impossible it can be passed don't give up!

1 person likes this