Civil PE Exam Review Course Recommendations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Been following the forum for the last year or so and have read some great advice regarding the PE exam on here from everyone's personal experience to other testimonials. 

Just so I can get an updated answer, I have a couple questions?

1A) Does the PE exam ask the same exact questions in each state? The reason I ask is because if I take a review class that is offered via online webinar in another state I want to make sure the review will apply exactly to the test I am taking and not just the state the review class is offered. In other words, is the exam format and NCEES guidelines the same throughout the entire 50 states.

1B) With that said, what is everyone's recommendation on a review course? I have heard a lot of good things on here about EET. To go with my first question, since I live in Illinois and EET is based in California, are those in California getting tested on the same syllabus that I have to follow in Illinois? (Excluding seismic, I understand that is an extra part for them).

Thanks for everyone's recommendations and answers!

Thanks guys! Was going to sign up and noticed the  EET website is down? Do you guys have any insight on what is up there?

The test is the same nationwide.  I took the live online review course with School of PE and passed on the first attempt.  I was very happy with the class. I've heard a lot of good things on this board about EET.  I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Back