NCEES sample exams.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner100

Reaction score
Hello,

Many of you refer that there are two or more NCEES sample exams. But, the NCEES sells only one available on their website. Where can I get the others? Any help?

NCEES only sells the current edition.  If you want to find previous editions you'll have to check ebay, Amazon, the classifieds here, etc. 

I've had a lot of luck with Amazon in this regard. They've gone back as far as the 2000 release date

Does anyone on this forum would like to sell old NCEES sample exams -geotechnical depth? I checked eBay/amazon multiple times without any luck. Thanks in advance. 

Does anyone on this forum would like to sell old NCEES sample exams -geotechnical depth? I checked eBay/amazon multiple times without any luck. Thanks in advance. 
Keep in mind, not until recently (2011) did NCEES offer a depth-specific sample questions/exam.  So, don't look for geo specifically, look for civil. 

Last edited by a moderator:
When prep'ing for the exam, I found a lot of practice problems out there covering the whole spectrum of geotechnical engineering.  NCEES, as has been mentioned before, probably offers the closest comparison with respect to difficulty you may encounter on the exam - being as they wrote it.  However, there's no guarantee that the proportion of problems on the practice exams from NCEES will match that of the exam, itself.

My recommendation...run through the NCEES practice exam to get a feel for the difficulty level, then go after as many problems as time allows from the whole spectrum that may be on the exam with an understanding that some of the exam's problems may be more or less difficult than what you're solving.

Thank you, ptatohed. I did not know that there were no NCEES depth sample exams prior to 2011.
You're welcome.  Also, to get technical, I don't think there were any NCEES "sample exams" prior to 2014.  I think the 2011 and earlier books were titled "Sample Questions and Solutions". 

I have the 2000 and 2008 Principles and Practice of Engineering: Civil Engineering, Sample Questions and Solution - They have a both have sample morning questions and sample afternoon depth questions in Construction, Geotech, Structural, Transpo, and WRE.

We can talk after results come out (REALLY hoping I don't need them anymore). I'd also look on half.com for practice exams.

All, I took the October test. I was not quite sure which way the results would go. I became active in this forum just after the exam. Immediately after the test, I thought I did very well. Then I started to think what if...So, I tried to collect or at least know where to get additional materials people used in the past. It appears I did not solve that many problems or consult many good books either. Good that I passed the test. So, I do not need the same NCEES Sample exam any more. Thank you all for providing your feedback.  

Back