Exam weekend: Read this

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
First of all I want to wish all of you test takers good luck this weekend, and also want to let you know that we customarily close the board down Friday during exams.

Please remember when you log back on next week not supposed anything that resembles an exam question.

Again I wish you all the best of luck with this exam and will see you on the other side

Best of luck..

part of me I am glad I am finished with the test but part of me want to relive the high and stress LOL

Best of luck..

part of me I am glad I am finished with the test but part of me want to relive the high and stress LOL
/\

needs a hobby
Or try grad school. I guarantee the stress is worse.

Tried it and liked it so much I did it again.
Doing that now....doing business not even engineering and the there is still plenty of stress. Never had a 4.0 before now though.

site is locked down for the most part, enjoy your exam and try and enjoy Halloween!

Best of luck..

/\

needs a hobby

Doing that now....doing business not even engineering and the there is still plenty of stress. Never had a 4.0 before now though.
thought about it..but it will cost like $100k ...don't think company will pay that much maybe $10k/year, which i will be responsible for $80k!

Best of luck..

/\needs a hobby
thought about it..but it will cost like $100k ...don't think company will pay that much maybe $10k/year, which i will be responsible for $80k!
Ya maybe if you chose Yale. There are other schools where you can get a graduate degree that do not cost that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck..

/\needs a hobby
Ya maybe if you chose Yale. There are other schools where you can get a graduate degree that do not cost that much.
$100k? Sounds like a rip-off. If you are trying to go to a full-time program at a top 10 university, probably spot-on, but you likely won't need that. Unless you goto a top 10 school AND get very lucky, it will be impossible to see any ROI. And even then, if you include the opportunity cost of not working during that time, you could be looking at upwards of $300k in cost. You will never reclaim that, especially as an engineer. I'm going to a local state university, total cost of tuition is going to be around $30k. Still way more expensive than it should be, but to some extent it is a tax on advancement. I think the cheapest AACSB program around here is about $23k.

^ roughly the same here on total cost of tuition, about $30k. Finishing up this spring at Michigan Tech. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck..

I have to admit, I'm a little thrown on what to do with all my free time now. I enjoy running and bike races, as I said in another thread, the prep leading up to this test was a lot like a race. In some ways, if you prepare for a race adequately, the race day is just a victory lap. I'd say that's going a bit far regarding the PE test, but I'm fairly confident I passed and that I was adequately prepared, I'll be a little surprised if I fail, but it's definitely a possibility. Either way, I really enjoyed re-engaging my brain and ramping up for the test. The test itself was actually kind of fun, I hope I don't have to do it again, but it felt god to learn all that material and be able to apply it during the test. I went for a nice long run on Sunday and I think I need to sign up for something to continue this high!

Best of luck..

I have to admit, I'm a little thrown on what to do with all my free time now. I enjoy running and bike races, as I said in another thread, the prep leading up to this test was a lot like a race. In some ways, if you prepare for a race adequately, the race day is just a victory lap. I'd say that's going a bit far regarding the PE test, but I'm fairly confident I passed and that I was adequately prepared, I'll be a little surprised if I fail, but it's definitely a possibility. Either way, I really enjoyed re-engaging my brain and ramping up for the test. The test itself was actually kind of fun, I hope I don't have to do it again, but it felt god to learn all that material and be able to apply it during the test. I went for a nice long run on Sunday and I think I need to sign up for something to continue this high!
LOL .... I used to race a lot ... both bikes and marathons. The PE was like training for the marathon, but on race day it gets cut to a 5K. I couldn't believe how easy the exam was, because I put in the time to prepare.

Back