1 Month to FE Electrical Exam - Study Group

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limamike

Reaction score
Looking for a study partner or group to study for the FE electrical, taking the exam 1 month from today. Power, Comm, Math, Prob, Computers, if you are in the same situation and looking for studying accountability. ping me.

It is possible to pass even studying with Kplan(Electrical Engineering FE Review Manual)

If you are one month away from taking the exam it would be a good idea to do a strength/weakness analysis of different sections and focus the remaining time and effort accordingly.

One suggestion would be to make sure that you don't miss out on low hanging fruits such as Math, Engineering Economics, Ethics etc followed by some of the more general sections from FE Electrical and Computer Engineering portions such as Properties of Electrical Materials, Engineering Sciences, Circuit Analysis and potentially Linear Systems.

Depending on your major and how long you've been out of school you may find some of the core sections i.e. Power, Electronics, Controls, Digital Systems, Computers, Communication/Signal Processing easy.

Given the time left it would be a good idea to at least know the fundamental concepts of core sections and familiarize yourself with the relevant formulas/theory presented in Reference Handbook.

Finally, the more your practice the better it is.

Good luck!  

You are welcome.

Another thing I would like to add especially for those of you who are writing exam in next few days is 'meticulous time tracking'.

I've attached herewith my time tracking sheet from September 2014 (wrote and passed FE CBT Elect in October 2014) as a reference.

A lot of time it appears that we are putting in the hours however in my experience you can only truly gage it by tracking time on a daily basis.

Also, I tried to maintain an average of 20 - 25 hours per week of focused and strategic studying during the month of September and relaxed 2 - 3 days before the exam day.

Good luck!

View attachment September-2014-Calendar.xlsx

Back