What do you use to bring in your books?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forklift-pallet-beer-kegs-isolated-white-background-d-render-46904449.jpg

For mechanical thermal fluids you shouldn't need more than a standard backpack.

Your backpack does not need to be see through. If I remember correctly, for the Structural exam all money, IDs etc. has to be in a see through bag.

When I took it most of us had rolling suitcases. It looked like we were at the airport.

I **** near broke the suitcase. I should have created a schematic of where to repack the **** thing.

I learned the hard way that MD wanted all "boxes" to be clear. I had 4 bankers boxes that I had to empty out on the floor.

Not sure how many books an electrical guy needs, but anyone taking Civil (especially Transpo) with a zillion references, I recommend you inquire about the box situation.

I learned the hard way that MD wanted all "boxes" to be clear. I had 4 bankers boxes that I had to empty out on the floor.

Not sure how many books an electrical guy needs, but anyone taking Civil (especially Transpo) with a zillion references, I recommend you inquire about the box situation.
Just to be safe, I'll narrow down by books to what I can carry.

This is a great question - wondered the same thing when I saw the statement about a clear bag for personal items on my entrance letter. I had planned on using rolling luggage... so I logged on to NCEES a few minutes ago and asked about this via chat. Here was the response:

"You can bring your reference material in anything; the clear bags are for PS"

So I'm going to throw my stuff in a small rolling luggage bag and hope for the best.

Still, the golf cart would be the ultimate way to arrive in style!

It should also be stated on your exam authorization.... mine for WA says hand trucks, luggage etc. loaded with books will not be allowed on the escalator.... you have to take the stairs or the elevator. I asked NCEES as well and they confirmed you can use bags, crates, boxes. They said you can't pile books up on the table so as to obstruct the proctors view, but you can switch books from your bag or box during the test. I have these chat transcripts printed out in the binder I will take in case there's a problem but I highly doubt it.

Back