Halloween Poll

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you decorate for Halloween?

• HECK YEAH! I like to scare the $#!+ out of those kids!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I put some store bought decorations up

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I hang my kids Halloween artwork on the fridge and around the house

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, but I buy candy (you know, for the kids)

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Halloween is for devil worshipers.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
There's a bunch of houses in my neighborhood that go all out with decorations. Maybe more so than Christmas.

Most years I do. But school has put a huge dent in that so I'm lucky if we find time to carve pumpkins. :(

It is my favorite holiday though...

:asthanos:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my favorite holiday though...

:asthanos:

MINE TOO!!!!

I'm working on the plans for this year, and in spite of the budget constraints, I think we may be able to do two cemeteries and add in a few larger glow in the dark figures and a Grim Reaper. I know we lost a few tombstones last year and half a skeleton during a bad wind storm but I hope to get a good display in spite of it. If only we didn't live on a highway where people just drive on by!

the-grim-reeper.jpg

This is what I'm working on now... I think I have the frame almost planned with parts we have here at the house, and I have the lantern, I was also going to add the sickle.

EDIT- this photo is from the interwebz, I'm just modeling mine after it

Last edited by a moderator:
fad7a1fb37b90da0450639dc866ce8e0.jpg

This was taken yesterday- was hoping to get a free pumpkin this year but looks like it wont turn orange for us in time...

Halloween is my favorite holiday too! Parents were never around for my birthday/Christmas/Easter, but we always made time for Halloween. The tradition continues with my family and the neighborhood kids. I can't wait till our kids are older and don't get spooked as easily, so we can set out the really spooky decorations (zombies coming out of graves, etc)

I don't do anything. I bought/put out candy one year mixed in with those plastic ring things, etc., while we're out walking junior around. End result was one little **** taking all the candy and spilling everything else all over my porch. And most of the kids in my neighborhood are little rich pricks, which adds insult to injury.

Well, f*ck you, little pricks.

The GF still sticks some **** in the ground and puts up some spider web junk, and we let Junior put up her window clings and school art.

I'm more of a Krampus Day kind of guy.

I don't do anything. I bought/put out candy one year mixed in with those plastic ring things, etc., while we're out walking junior around. End result was one little **** taking all the candy and spilling everything else all over my porch. And most of the kids in my neighborhood are little rich pricks, which adds insult to injury.

The GF still sticks some **** in the ground and puts up some spider web junk, and we let Junior put up her window clings and school art.

Sounds like your more of a festivus kind of guy.

Sounds like your more of a festivus kind of guy.
A holiday for the rest of us!

Mini PE finally got it last year except he wanted to eat all the candy as he was going. He's psyched about going house to house this year.

I've already purchased the glasses, large planter, tubing and molding clay for my costume. I fricking love costumes. I love candy, too. It's the perfect holiday. Plus I don't have to buy anyone a motherlovin' card.

I used to go pretty crazy with decorations. Pumpkin carving and baking the seeds are great too. And then sans kids the costume parties were always a hit. My favorite couples one that we did recently was I was Mayhem and LadyFox was Flo. We got quite a few comments on that one. :)

We mainly just pull out our big orange bowl and fill it with candy.

No decorations or anything but mini-kevo loves to dress up and go out trick or treating. I am usually stuck at home handing out candy.

The sad thing is that we buy a really big bag of candy every year and get maybe 12 kids.

I used to go pretty crazy with decorations. Pumpkin carving and baking the seeds are great too. And then sans kids the costume parties were always a hit. My favorite couples one that we did recently was I was Mayhem and LadyFox was Flo. We got quite a few comments on that one. :)

I do love me some baked pumpkin seeds with Old Bay on them.

We mainly just pull out our big orange bowl and fill it with candy.

No decorations or anything but mini-kevo loves to dress up and go out trick or treating. I am usually stuck at home handing out candy.

The sad thing is that we buy a really big bag of candy every year and get maybe 12 kids.

Same for us last year. We're handing out the same giant pixy sticks we have leftover.

We have a few young kids in the neighborhood now. So we will do a little decorating. Halloween was always a blast in base housing at Camp Pendleton, it is one of the things I miss from my previous career.

Back