Challenging questions for PE Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raj_NYU

Reaction score
Guys Could you please share some of the challenging questions you came across for Power PE exam. It will be very helpful to each one of us.

I have one in attachment below. I have been struggling to understand this but cant get the explanation.

0100_001.pdf

Attachments

• 0100_001.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 119
Just for clarification, are you refererring to questions that are in the various review materials or questions that test takers actually saw on the exam? The second scenario is not permissable. Just wanting to make sure I understand the question.

Just for clarification, are you refererring to questions that are in the various review materials or questions that test takers actually saw on the exam? The second scenario is not permissable. Just wanting to make sure I understand the question.
+100

Not only is it not permissible, it would also violate the NCEES user agreement that each of us acknowledges prior to taking said exam. But let's get some clarification here first before jumping to any conclusions.

+100

Not only is it not permissible, it would also violate the NCEES user agreement that each of us acknowledges prior to taking said exam. But let's get some clarification here first before jumping to any conclusions.
Agreed!!

If the PE questions were not challenging, then this forum would not exist. :p

Guys Could you please share some of the challenging questions you came across for Power PE exam. It will be very helpful to each one of us.

I have one in attachment below. I have been struggling to understand this but cant get the explanation.

Make sure you understand the difference between motors and generators. For your application, make sure to treat it as a generator.

Here is a helpful topic. I had the same problem back when I was studying for the exam.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=24868#entry7261320

The above Question is from a Text book "Electric Machinery" by A.E. Fitzgerald. page 273, sixth edition.

Also can I post sample question from NCEES exam I have some trouble understanding explanation of 2 or 3 question? It is permissible?

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

Back