Quiz #24

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John QPE

Straight Outta Compton
Reaction score
A horizontal curve with a design speed of 60 mph and superelevation rate of 4.00% requires delineators to be placed. The spacing of the delineators in feet is most nearly:

A. 100

B. 105

C. 110

D. 115

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job in keeping up the quizzes John. Even after you passed. I don't think you'll get very many responses in the "off season", but it is still nice. I'll give it a shot when I have time. :)

Is that an am or pm type question?

Most of the quizzes we post here have been PM level. If it requires a reference manual, it is PM. I believe this one requires a reference manual like the MUTCD. What depth are you m2?

This is PM, and hint, this requires 2 reference manuals.

I'll post an AM today.

Most of the quizzes we post here have been PM level. If it requires a reference manual, it is PM. I believe this one requires a reference manual like the MUTCD. What depth are you m2?
If they ask a PM style question in the AM, you will be given the required nomograph or table or whatever. Which really pisses me off. If you're only giving me 3 transportation problems in the AM, how about testing the concept and not making it pretty much a "gimme" problem for everyone.

If they ask a PM style question in the AM, you will be given the required nomograph or table or whatever. Which really pisses me off. If you're only giving me 3 transportation problems in the AM, how about testing the concept and not making it pretty much a "gimme" problem for everyone.
Well, I like gimmes. :)

Well, you're going to need the GB and the MUTCD. Might look this one up in the morning for the heck of it haha.

Took a few weeks off from the board after those grueling 6 months. Guess it's time to get back to it and hopefully help out the next round. So happy to be on the other side of this now.

No ... the board is dead.

Just let these new problems sit until we get some new blood.

What page did you find the minimum curve length in the AASHTO green book?

In the 2011 6th edition 3-44 table 3-8

In the 2004 5th edition pg. 167 exhibit 3-25
Plese throw away the 2004 GDHS and do not even make reference to it. You NEED the latest edition if you are taking transportation depth.

JCivil, if you need some help with this concept ask .... this problem covers multiple transpo concepts and references.

In the 2011 6th edition 3-44 table 3-8

In the 2004 5th edition pg. 167 exhibit 3-25
Plese throw away the 2004 GDHS and do not even make reference to it. You NEED the latest edition if you are taking transportation depth.

JCivil, if you need some help with this concept ask .... this problem covers multiple transpo concepts and references.
I second this. I was going to say the same thing last week but I forgot. No need to even reference or think about superseded references.

Back