scrambled eggs...how do you make them

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add 1 tbsp milk per egg, beat it while singing Michael Jackson song of same title, cook in oiled skillet on medium low heat until only slightly runny. Then I turn off the stove and let it sit a few minutes before serving.

Oops, I thought we were talking technique, not toppings.

With chopped up jalapenos and salsa.

Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, chopped onions and bell peppers. Heated non-stick pan with some butter. Pour egg mix in and stir. When almost done add some shredded cheese and done.

i was talking technique. Went to a restaurant the other day and ordered scrambled eggs and got an over easy egg diced up. that is not scrambled eggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
at home we whisk up eggs, milk, and sharp cheddar. Breaking up bits of cooked bacon and adding to the mix it a fav of mine, but we don't do that very often.

i was talking technique. Went to a restaurant the other day and ordered scrambled eggs and got an over easy egg diced up. that is not scrambled eggs.

Someone at the restaurant needs to be taught how to cook eggs?

I just wisk the eggs together in a bowl and cook over medium heat until they are mostly cooked but still runny. The eggs finish the last bit of cooking while I get the plates and other crap ready.

you didn't go here, did you?

bowlingsmovie.jpg

but if you put stuff into scrambled eggs isn't that just an omlet?

I've always considered an omelet as eggs cooked so that they're unbroken. Even with all the stuff added the eggs get scrambled, the shredded cheese helps hold the onions/peppers together with the eggs.

Back