2015 Results - Recent Chat with NCEES just for GIGGLES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmizani07

Reaction score
So this morning I was feeling anxious about getting the results for the PE, so I did what any other person would'bve done went online to NCEES and chatted with a customer service representative. This was for all my fellow PE exam takers, hope you enjoy.

[SIZE=9pt]Kim M.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Hello Mehdi. How may I help you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:16 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Mehdi[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Hi Kim, I had a question regarding the 8 hour Civil Engineering PE exam results. Do you know if the results will be coming out soon?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:17 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Kim M.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The only time frame that I can share is the 8-10 weeks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:18 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Mehdi[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I understand Kim, but you know we have the long weekend coming up and with Memorial Day weekend. I just want to know whether I should celebrate early or not?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:19 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Kim M.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]I am sorry that is the only information available at this time[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:20 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Mehdi[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Oh Kim you're making me nervous now. Maybe I should just hold off celebrating.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:22 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Kim M.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Can I help you with anything else?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:23 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Mehdi[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]No I think that it everything Kim. Thank you for the great information! I feel a lot better now that I spoke with you knowing the results are coming out in 8 to 10 weeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]10:24 am[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Kim M.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Thank you for your chat. Feel free to contact us again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Kim M. has closed the chat.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have saved yourself the trouble and asked us. That is the blanket answer they will always give.

It is funny, because in real life practice, the initial time estimate for completing a project is very broad, but typically gets narrowed down as the project moves through the phases towards completion. It is not like the "date of exam results" should be some top secret thing, why on earth can't they give an update? If I have prepared a study and the client calls me asking if we can submit tomorrow, I don't tell them that the study should be complete in the initial time frame I quoted you, I tell them that I just need to print copies and FedEx it, so Yeah, we can submit tomorrow...

Quote:

It is funny, because in real life practice, the initial time estimate for completing a project is very broad, but typically gets narrowed down as the project moves through the phases towards completion. It is not like the "date of exam results" should be some top secret thing, why on earth can't they give an update? If I have prepared a study and the client calls me asking if we can submit tomorrow, I don't tell them that the study should be complete in the initial time frame I quoted you, I tell them that I just need to print copies and FedEx it, so Yeah, we can submit tomorrow...
Preach it DuctTape.

It really wouldn't even have to be a bot with any intelligence. 1st message says hello, and 2nd message saying 8-10 weeks. That would cover pretty much every chat they have in the month of May

Well there's your first mistake...

So this morning I was feeling anxious about getting the results for the PE, so I did what any other person would'bve done went online to NCEES and chatted with a customer service representative. This was for all my fellow PE exam takers, hope you enjoy.

Kim M.Hello Mehdi. How may I help you?

10:16 am MehdiHi Kim, I had a question regarding the 8 hour Civil Engineering PE exam results. Do you know if the results will be coming out soon?

10:17 am Kim M.The only time frame that I can share is the 8-10 weeks

10:18 am MehdiI understand Kim, but you know we have the long weekend coming up and with Memorial Day weekend. I just want to know whether I should celebrate early or not?

10:19 am Kim M.I am sorry that is the only information available at this time

10:20 am MehdiOh Kim you're making me nervous now. Maybe I should just hold off celebrating.

10:22 am Kim M.Can I help you with anything else?

10:23 am MehdiNo I think that it everything Kim. Thank you for the great information! I feel a lot better now that I spoke with you knowing the results are coming out in 8 to 10 weeks.

10:24 am Kim M.Thank you for your chat. Feel free to contact us again.

Kim M. has closed the chat.
8-10 weeks, or hours. That is the question.

Back